Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Funnies

Hi,

It was a beautiful day to plan a trip, and that's just what we did. Our Summer Visit to America has been set. Also in the news, the car has been washed, and the dogs found a way around the new barrier. The adventure continues.

The mystery tune that had some of you bobbing your heads was "Flash Light" by Parliament. George Clinton and the gang know how to throw a party. Now it's time for 'Old School Friday'. See if this brings back any memories: "Money, who needs it? Just to live my life free and easy. Put a toothbrush in my hand, and let me be a travelin' man. Cause __ __ __ __, baby." Clues: This tune is by a sax player/singer who had a big sound and a 'small' handle. He had another hit that involved a weapon. The first two words are usually in parentheses, but sung. Hmm. Further Hints can be obtained from Wiley Coyote. (Ha)

Our little car looked like it had been through a storm. In fact, it had been through one, and it was pretty dirty. It was a great day for a car wash so we dropped it off and went to 'Work At Home' to see about getting reservations for our Summer Visit. We'd never used their travel service before. The airline told us we'd get a better rate through an agency so it was perfect timing. It almost worked, but after a few frustrations, and a higher price than we got originally, we decided to do it ourselves. We'll be flying out of Bangkok on July 6 and arrive in Los Angeles the same day, very late at night. We will depart LAX on July 22. As is the usual case, it will take us two days to return.

This morning, when I took Daku out, he made a very specific trip to the Bali Corner in the yard and began sniffing around the barrier that Rene built. Both dogs had been respecting this bamboo wall and left the corner alone. Today was different. I guess they've been talking about it and realized that it didn't completely cut off all access. Daku found the gap and made his way into the forbidden zone. It took a firm hand on his collar to get him out of there. This afternoon, BamBam snuck into the zone and got a little confused before getting out. She was also 'busted' for trespassing. It looks like I'm going to have to add a few more pieces of bamboo in order to foil the dogs.

Here's another language gem for you, for the weekend. Some words are heard, and understood, but when spelled out on paper, they take on a new look. The word 'Bag' is not spoken with the sound of a 'g' at the end, but more like a 'ck'. We have a note on the shopping list for 'Trash Backs'. And somehow we understand. Amazing Thailand.

Have a Wonderfilled WeekEnd. Enjoy the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

Out of the Mouths of Babes.

OPINIONS
On the first day of school, a first-grader handed his teacher a note from his mother. The note read, "The opinions expressed by this child are not necessarily those of his parents."

POLICE
It was the end of the day when I parked my police van in front of the station. As I gathered my equipment, my K-9 partner, Jake, was barking, and I saw a little boy staring in at me. "Is that a dog you got back there?" he asked.
"It sure is," I replied. Puzzled, the boy looked at me and then towards the back of the van. Finally he said, "What'd he do?"

DRESS-UP
A little girl was watching her parents dress for a party. When she saw her dad donning his tuxedo, she warned, "Daddy, you shouldn't wear that suit."
"And why not, darling?"
"You know that it always gives you a headache the next morning. "

SCHOOL
A little girl had just finished her first week of school.
"I'm just wasting my time," she said to her mother. "I can't read, I can't write, and they won't let me talk!"

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: