Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Finish

Hi,

Today another hot one. The forecast calls for rain, maybe, but we're not holding our breath. Celebrations continue today, and I made a little progress on my sprinkler project.

OK, 'Easy Monday' wasn't so easy. I only got one reply. The song was "We Gotta Get You A Woman", by Todd Rundgren. Hmm, I thought you knew. Maybe this will be easier: "__ __, all in my brain. Lately things don't seem the same. Acting funny, and I don't know why. 'Scuse me while I kiss the sky." Hint: There's a color involved, and it's by a guitar icon whose music live on.

This morning I went into town, knowing not much would be open, to get a fitting for the end of the backyard hose. Lisa tried to tell me nothing would be open, but being the eternal optimist, I assured her I'd find something. Well, all my usual sources were closed up tight. Bus station street had the lightest traffic I've ever seen. Both of 'my stores' were closed. Further down the road, the same thing. There was one long shot left. I made a right turn, onto the main drag, and crept up the street looking at all the closed shops. Then I saw open doors at the lawnmower/paint shop and I made a U-turn. After lots of tries at what I needed, the man showed me how he could make it using some PVC and pipe. It all made sense so we struck a deal. I left his shop feeling grateful, and more aware of how seriously the middle day of Songkran was being observed.

Tonight there's a big party going on across the river. There is music in the air from several directions, and it's a wonderful thing. Music is a big part of life here. Not just popular HOT 100, but the whole spectrum. Last night, while we were in Makro, they played some Isaan music. That is a region in the northeast of Thailand, and they produce some of the funkiest blues you'll hear this side of Howlin' Wolf. So there we were, walking down the aisle and this woman sings a line that knocked us both out. I don't know what she said, but the melodic line had us smiling and talking about it. Of course, there's no way to find out who it was, but there's tons of stuff like that here. It's all in a minor key, and it will get you, deep inside.

Monday, when we got our massage, I had a different woman than before. I mentioned that I had some pain in my right shoulder. She worked on it while I endured the pain. What she did has made a big difference. I only felt it when I swam, and yesterday there was just a twinge. Today I was able to swim with no pain at all. Hmm, what else needs fixin'?

Get ready for Wacky Wednesday, and a repeat from Ralph Waldo.

Peace,
Danny

"Finish each day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities have crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day;
you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit
to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: