Tuesday, April 20, 2010

People

Hi,

Today there was no rain. Only aftermath. I have totally surrendered to the fact that I have a bad cold, and the boat hasn't even made it to the dock. Stay tuned for a few brief messages.

This time it really was an 'Easy Monday' by the mail I got. Here's a little more so you can sing it another day. (Ha)
"Cellophane flowers of yellow and green, towering over your head. Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes and she's gone... __ __ __ __ __ __ (repeat two more times)"

It was a sunny day in Chiang Rai. Hot, as usual, with some clouds floating by from time to time. We have a tall tree in the front that is leaning since the wind. In the back there is a giant banana leaf that broke and is hanging down into the yard. Other than that, we did pretty good. I think the fact that the duration was not that long really helped. The yard crew will be coming on Saturday.

I can usually 'fight' off most colds, but something is going around that crept up on me and smacked me in the head. Sunday there was a presence. Monday we were face to face. I did pretty good on our little morning road trip, but by the time we got home, I was ready for bed. I spent most of today in the bed, tissues by my side, moaning and groaning. Even though I know it will pass, my impatience wants it gone yesterday.

So you know I'm not playing about the cold when you consider that I haven't played with the boat yet. I hope I didn't give anyone the impression that I got the boat for the kids that come over. (Ha) The boat is mine. I might let them steer it or something, but it's a big boy toy. Now that we've settled that, I can't wait to get out there and buzz up and down the pool. Needless to say, I haven't been in the water for two days. I predict that I'll feel better in the morning and the worst of it will be over. Hmm.

Have yourself a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"There are two types of people -
those who come into a room and say, 'Well, here I am!'
and those who come in and say, 'Ah, there you are.'"
~Frederick L. Collins

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: