Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Together (Monday Late Edition)

Hi,

We're back in America. Over the next few days I'll tell you about our weekend in Bangkok, but first, the trip.

The song you missed this weekend was "What'd I Say?" by Ray Charles. You shoulda known. 'Easy Monday' is here. If you don't recognize it, keep reading the message for a great clue. "...you been runnin' all over town, now, I guess I have to put your flat feet on the ground." Hint: It's about a woman and her car.

Monday morning, Bangkok time, we got an early start to the airport. We had time to get a 45 minute foot massage, which was needed after all the walking we did over the weekend. After check-in, we went up to the EVA Airline lounge and hung out until flight time.

This trip across the water was the fastest one yet. It took 13 hours of actual flight time. We arrived at LAX and stood in lines for immigration and baggage. That took about an hour. Whew.

When we got to the rental car agency, we found our stall number and got a big surprise. Imagine my shock when sitting there was a Mustang convertible, complete with V8 engine. Don't get me wrong, I love the rumble of a big engine, but I also like driving past gas stations. We had a bunch of laughs, sang the song of the day that related to the car and roared off. Tomorrow morning I do an exchange at another lot and see what we get.

I've already gone through a bit of culture shock. I had to go to the 'New Fox Hills Mall' (that's what I'm calling it) to get more time on my US SIMM card for my iPhone. Wow, the place is amazing. Nothing like the Night Bazaar.

We've had some fun visits with The Boys and had a great 'Family Dinner' over Dinah's Chicken. Welcome to L.A.

Have a Great Week.

Peace,
Danny

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much."
~Helen Keller

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: