Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Brrr. It was really cold last night. Today started off cold and then warmed up to summer like temps. We spent the middle of the day in town doing various things. Tonight we're going to take John to the Night Bazaar.

The song many of you remembered was "What A Fool Believes" by The Doobie Brothers. 'Old School Friday' song:
"__ __ __ __, my dear, my heart's all aglow? __ __ __ __, loving you so? __ __ __ __, having your love? My prayers were answered, so far from above." Hint: The musical question is whether of not any of this relates to the world of abra kadabra. It's a slow song.

After doing our usual morning stuff around the house, we all headed downtown for lunch at Aye's. We had the good fortune of running into Aye as she was leaving her restaurant. As is her style, she engaged us in conversation, telling us about the Chinese language lessons she's taking. We had a nice lunch and set out to run a few errands. Most of them were within walking distance and it was nice to stroll around during the day. We stopped at Connect Cafe for coffee and John used one of their computers to take care of some business. We left him there and did some more 'essential' shopping.

This afternoon we dropped John off at a textile shop he had been to on his last visit and then went to ballet class. Through some mixed communication, John's Tuk-Tuk driver brought him to the Sports Stadium where the class was being held instead of taking him home. We had a good laugh about it and came home to a delicious dinner.

Daku was really feeling his oats this morning when I took him out for his exercise. After just one dose of his medication he seemed eager to run and play. I didn't let him overdue it though. We happy that he's feeling better.

It's time for the 'Funnies'. Have a Wonderfilled WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

A man sees a sign in front of a house: "Talking Dog for Sale." He
rings the bell and the owner tells him the dog is in the backyard. He
goes into the backyard and sees a black mutt just sitting there.

"You talk?" he asks.

"Yep," the mutt replies.

"So, what's your story?"

The mutt looks up and says, "Well, I discovered this gift pretty young
and I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA about my gift,
and in no time they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in
rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would
be eavesdropping."

"I was one of their most valuable spies eight years running. But, the
jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any
younger and I wanted to settle down."

"So, I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover
security work, mostly wandering near suspicious characters and
listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings there and was
awarded a batch of medals."

"Had a wife, a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired."

The man is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog.

The owner says, "Ten dollars."

The guy says, "This dog is amazing. Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?"

The owner replies, "He's such a liar. He didn't do any of that stuff."

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: