Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Return

Hi,

Yesterday was a busy one. I got crunched, we traveled downtown, presents were wrapped, and I made a turkey run in rush hour traffic.

The 'Easy' song was "Mustang Sally", by Wilson Pickett. You really should have written me. Now I'm going to have to give you another easy song for a one day only pass. This has become a standard that's played this time of year. Duh. "And so I'm offering this simple phrase, to kids from one to ninety-two, although it's been said many times many ways, Merry Christmas to you." Clue: The title is three words, very obvious. It's also known by the first line of the song.

Our day began with a visit from Peaches. She's a Cocker Spaniel who always makes a morning 'Hello' visit to our room, just like BamBam. After breakfast we went over to Franco's office. He's been our chiropractor for years. Based on how I felt after my 'meteor crash' I knew I needed re-alignment. I was right and now I feel better.

From Franco's we went down to Chinatown. We strolled around, saw some of our old friends, and did some shopping. We had lunch at our favorite restaurant down there and headed home. Sounds simple, but there was a lot of walking involved. (Ha) Later in the afternoon we got a call from my mom that the turkey she got for us was being delivered to her house. We're talking cooked and ready to eat. Well, that meant it needed to be picked up. I braved the 'Get away day' traffic and drove to Altadena and picked up the bird. I will never complain about slow traffic in Chiang Rai again. I may complain about how people drive, but now I know slow traffic.

Meanwhile, back in Bangkok, Sunday was a day with no schedule. We could do whatever we wanted and we did. We took the Skytrain to Pantip Plaza. This is a very large building that looks like 3 or 4 Best Buys plus Santee Alley all wrapped into one. The first and second floors are mostly electronics stalls. You name it, they got it. It may not be the original, but it doesn't seem to slow sales. We lunched at the Plaza and then took a cab to Siam Paragon. It's on the other end of the scale. We saw a Porsche bicycle that costs $18,000, a new Lamborghini, and had coffee at the True Experience, where I sat under a plastic dome and listen to music from my iPhone without disturbing anyone else.

We went back to our hotel and relaxed and then went back to Siam Paragon for dinner and more looking around. It was like a little vacation before coming to America.

Happy Whatever you Celebrate this time of year.

Peace,
Danny

"Seek goodness in others.
Love more persons . . .
more impersonally,
more unselfishly,
without thought of return.
The return, never fear, will take care of itself."
~Henry Drummond

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: