Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Courage

Hi,

Today we'll finish up the weekend and jump into Monday. There will be flowers, mountains, and a meeting with a traveler.

It really was an 'Easy' one this time. I guess it's so easy some of you didn't bother to write. Oh well, sing on.
"And when I touch you I feel happy inside. It's such a feeling that my love I can't hide, I can't hide, I can't hide." Clue: For a long time many people didn't get the play on words in their name. Also, there really are six words in the title.

We had every intention of checking out a few places in Chiang Mai on Sunday morning, but Lisa didn't feel well so we decided to head back to our 'Minitropolis' of Chiang Rai. This was our third trip to Chiang Mai in the car and each time the traffic is a little different. Leaving town it seemed like it might be light, but as we proceeded into the first mountain range, things got busy. Learning to be aware of ones surroundings is important when driving. On the highway, that means understanding what is considered common practice and making allowance for that. Somewhere along the way they left out driver education, or at least mountain driving. I was taught to never pass on a hill unless I could see way ahead, never pass on a blind curve, and to observe the caution lines in the center of the road. Well, none of that seems to mean anything for a lot of drivers. We make it a habit to move to the left of the lane on some curves just in case someone is passing from the other direction. If I can't see a safe distance for passing, I don't pass. Anyway, there is a way to do it and stay safe and we've got the hang of it now.

We stopped at the orchid spot again and got a beautiful plant with huge blooms. It takes self control to not get carried away. The prices are so reasonable that we could have filled the car. Hmm.

Monday morning I made a solo run to Big C. After that I went to the bakery. The bakery is also a guest house, which means it's more like a rooming house than a hotel. While I was waiting for my bread to be sliced (it was right out of the oven) a young man who was a guest asked me if I was Thai. I explained that I was originally from America and he told me he lived in Alhambra for two years. I wasn't sure where he was from, but as he started telling me of his travels all over China, I started wondering. I finally asked him where 'home' was and he said Tokyo. He's been on the road for quite some time I guess. There are so many fascinating stories. So many ways people see what they see and satisfy their curiosities. I have a sense of adventure, but it calls for some comfort and security these days. (Ha)

It's time to have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"It takes as much courage to have tried and failed
as it does to have tried and succeeded."
~Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: