Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Within

Hi,
I'm just winding down my Tuesday here in Chiang Rai. You're just starting yours (in most cases). It's election day in the U.S.A. and I know you're going to vote. Today I explored a new 'hood' and made some discoveries.
So far, no one has figured out the song. I'm giving you the last verse and the chorus in hopes that it rings a bell. Oh well.
"What have I done to deserve such a fate? I realize I have left it too late. And so it's true, pride comes before a fall. I'm telling you so that you won't lose all. __ __ __, and I lost someone who's near to me. __ __ __, and I'm not what I appear to be." Clues: Four lads from Liverpool, the singer wore four rings, and every election has two possible outcomes.
Yesterday I mentioned that we got our flu shots. Well, what I didn't tell you was that the young woman who gave them to us must have failed 'Injection 101' because they were placed on the shoulder instead of the upper arm, and today Lisa is having lots of discomfort. Mine is sore, which is usually the case, but it has affected our mobility to some extent. Next time I'll draw a target.
This afternoon we went over to Tay's beauty salon on the east side of town. While Lisa was getting her hair done I went out to check out some motorbikes. I ended up strolling around a corner and found an artist who had a little open-air gallery/store. He had some abstracts in acrylic and some work he did with coffee. You read right, coffee. The effect was various degrees of brown tones and it was quite unique. We bought one of his beautiful, small wood carvings.
Right down the street from the artist was a little shop that carried all the custom accessories I've been seeing on the motorbikes around town. The red and green headlights, custom tires and rims and low-profile seats. It took me back to my days on Crenshaw Bl. and 'Cycle Boutique'. Having major flashbacks since that was the early 70s.
When I returned to the salon, I watched a Thai soap and a dance competition show where the contestants were kids. There were three couples and they each did a Tango routine and a Jitterbug. Very good dancers for the most part.
BamBam is slowly getting better and still being a doll about it all. When we went to get in the truck she tried real hard to come with us. She's been riding around a lot lately and now I guess she figures we're going to take her with us.
It's time for a Happy Tuesday and it's also time for you to go vote.

Peace,
Danny

"What lies behind us and what lies before us
are small matters compared to what lies within us."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: