Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Forgiveness

Hi,
It was a mild winter day in 'The Rai'. We made a visit to the vet without the dog, and I spent the afternoon in the guest lounge at Toyota, and BamBam got new stuff.
I love it when you send me email. That's what happens when I give you an easy one. See, there's a method to my madness.
"__ __ __ __ __ would take me in his arms and love me, too...what am I to do?" Hint: Anyone who had a radio in the 60s heard this singer.
Today the temps were in the mid 70s, which feels cold when it's been in the high 80s and 90s for months. That's not so bad, but by late afternoon, the bottom falls out and it drops into the mid 50s at night. Last winter it didn't feel so bad because we hadn't been here long enough to be totally acclimated to the weather. Now it's a different story. We understand why there is a drive every year to collect warm clothes for people who can't afford them. Some get very sick when the weather gets cold. It occurred to me that I haven't worn socks in months. Hmm.
This morning we went over to the vet's to get a refill on one of BamBam's meds. As we were exiting the truck, I noticed a familiar face in the truck that pulled up behind us. It was our artist friend Paladorn and his wife. They were bringing a little dog to the doctor. The dog had been bitten by a cobra the day before and they had rushed it to the vet. Dr. Arkon had to do CPR to revive the dog and managed to get her stable. She still looked traumatized today but she's going to be alright. Paladorn and his family have 16 dogs, a colt, and numerous other animals that they've rescued. They live in the hills south of town.
While we were at the vet's we got Bam a bed since the floor in Boot's room is tile and it's very cold. We also got her a cute little sweater. This afternoon Boot put the bed on the floor in the kitchen and BamBam was afraid of it. With a little coaxing and petting she tried it and now she loves it. Boot took the bed to her place and they took their afternoon naps. After dinner Lisa and Boot put the little sweater on her and, well, she looked real cute. Before now, I was not one for dressing up dogs but it's cold and her little immune system is still a bit compromised. We'll have to take some fashion shots soon.
This afternoon I took the truck to Toyota for its regular maintenance. I forgot to take my iPod but I did take some lyrics to a song I'm reviving. Some of the time passed in conversation with a nurse who asked me where I was from, in English. The usual questions about what do you do, why are you here, do you like it and so on. Oh, and I had a chance to see part of the soap I watched at the hair salon. Don't know what they said, but the acting is just campy enough that you can sort of figure some of it out. Hmm, this could get serious. (555)
Even if you don't know the song, send me an email with your phone number(s). I may just use it when I'm over there next month.
Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a permanent attitude."
~Martin Luther King, Jr.


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: