Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
Shhhh. You hear that? That's right. Nothing. No fireworks, no thumping bass, no heavy traffic. I'm not complaining, I love a good party, but after four days it gets a little tired.
The last song we played with was "Baby, I Love Your Way" by Peter Frampton. For the weekend song think harp intro.
"I will build you a castle with a tower so high, it reaches the moon...give you lovin' warm as mama's oven and it that won't do then __ __ __ __" Hint: It would be a miracle if some of you don't remember this one. Oh, and if you were born too late, try something new and search. You may be surprised. (Ha) In case you didn't read carefully, I just gave you the title and the artist. My weekend gift to you.
I spent almost four hours at my friendly Toyota dealer today. This time I remembered to take my iPod. I watched TV coverage of some of the Loy Krathong festivities in Bangkok and learned more about the four day cremation ceremonies for the Princess that began today. While I was waiting for my second car wash in two days, I got to know Keng, a young man who works there and speaks English.
We have a pretty busy Saturday coming up, but it's all neat stuff. There's a street market that started a few weeks ago and we've been meaning to check it out. We found out that Paladorn and his family will be there selling his greeting cards so we'll try to connect with them and stroll around.
Another driving observation: In New Zealand they have a term for what cars should do when traffic goes from two lanes to one. It's called 'Zipping'. Logical and easy to visualize. Cars take turns entering the single lane. In Chiang Rai the zipper is stuck. That's all I'm going to say on that one. Oh, if you're on a motorbike and the traffic is heavy, it's apparently acceptable to use the opposing lane to gain an advantage. Hmm. Please don't try this one. (555)
It's time for the 'Funnies'. Have a Cool WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

Bumper Stickers

"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."
EARTH FIRST! We'll stripmine the other planets later.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

He who laughs last thinks slowest!

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

A flashlight is a case for holding dead batteries.

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Okay, who put a "stop payment" on my reality check?

Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: