Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Education

 Hi,


We woke up to a very cold morning.  The temperature was 59°F.  It’s supposed to go down every day.  The word for the day is layers.  

“We could ride surf together, while our love would grow.  In my Woody I would take you everywhere I go.  So I say from me to you, I will make your dreams come true.  Do you love me do you __ __?  __ __ my little __ __…”
Clue:  The group was about ‘beach culture’ in most of their early songs.  The title identifies a specific person in that culture.  So easy.

Our coffee adventure this morning was to a place Natcha had told us about.  Thankfully, she came with us, along with JaiDee.  I think it was in the same area as The Secret Garden, another recent adventure.  I mention this because these places are big plots of land tucked away on hillsides in what seems like ‘nowhere’.  Baan Jaokor Kluay feels like it was transported from somewhere else in the world.  It is a rambling series of gardens with isolated spots for coffee and whatever fresh bread one might choose.  There are guest houses for overnight stays, and little tents to enter and sit back and relax.  It was too much for JaiDee to try to take in at once.  It took a bone to settle him.  We will return by ourselves to totally appreciate the atmosphere.  Below are a few photos.

The setting where we had our coffee.


JaiDee leading Natcha down a path lined by small tents.


This evening we went to a birthday dinner party for our good friend Lisa.  There were eight of us, including the guest of honor.  We had the best time ever.  Lots of laughter, good food, homemade cake, and more laughter.  I got to sit next to an Italian research physician who is working in the area, studying a viral infection that is not covid (imagine that).  Very interesting conversations.  There were also three dogs that made themselves known every now and then.  

The hour is getting very late, but wanted to update you on our interesting day.  

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                            Peace,
                                      Danny

“Education is what remains after
one has forgotten what one has
learned in school.”
~Albert Einstein

No comments: