Monday, November 9, 2020

When?

 Hi,


Our weekend weather was more of the same beautiful stuff as last week.  Mid 80’s during the day and mid 60’s at night.  I think it must get colder right before dawn, or maybe all night.  I never go out to check (5).

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “Venus” by Frankie Avalon.  It’s ‘Easy Monday’ time, from 1978.  Operatic rock.
“I’ve paid my dues, time after time.  I’ve done my sentence but committed no crime.  And bad mistakes, I’ve made a few, I’ve had my share of sand kicked in my face, but I’ve come through.  __ __ __ __, my friends…”  Hint:  See, I told you it was easy (555)

Well, as of 10:30 this morning, Cat is officially our daughter.  We are all overjoyed.   Our attorney had made an appointment at the Provincial Administration Office so they would expedite the process.  The wait wasn’t bad, considering what was coming.  We signed a bunch of papers and then went out in front of the building and took photos.  Khun Nitt, our attorney was just as excited as us.  I think the fact that he read Cat’s story in her own words may have drawn him into the joy.  She was so excited that this afternoon she drove out to her village and had her named changed on her Thai ID so that her last name is now Moses. 

Today’s photo introduces The New Moses Family (and our attorney).


We went to The Wanderer for coffee and treats and on the way, Cat asked if she could call us Mom and Dad.  She had wanted to, but said it just didn’t feel completely right.  Now it’s right.  From The Wanderer, we moved the party over to The Hungry Wolf for lunch.  

This has been an overwhelmingly wonderful day.  I’ll tell you about the weekend tomorrow (555).  

Have a Great Week.

                        Peace,
                                  Danny

“When will our consciences grow so tender 
that we will act to prevent human misery
rather than avenge it?”
~Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: