Thursday, November 26, 2020

React

 Hi,


Well, we had another day, so you know how it went (555).  The forecasts call for temps to drop a few degrees starting tomorrow, but only a few a day.  We’re still waiting for that ‘snap’.

We’ll pick up where we left off on the ‘Jazzy Wednesday’ tune:  “Since you went away the days grow long, and soon I’ll hear old winter’s song.  But I miss you most of all, my darling, when __ __ start to fall.”  Clue:  I think I just left a big one.

Happy Thanksgiving, or as one of our American friends who lives here put it:  “As we say in Thailand:  Thursday”.  I hope everyone manages to give thanks in a way that is safe and sane (sound familiar?).  

We began our day with a trip to The Wanderer; a treat for JaiDee.  He hasn’t been in over a week and we could sense the excitement as he got in the van.  He stayed pretty mellow until it was time to leave the woods, and he saw Khun Khwan, one of his favorite people.  He went right back to crazy, puppy mode.  It’s a good thing it was with a dog person that knows him.

After taking JaiDee home we took TongTong to the vet for her last visit.  She has to wear a bandage until Sunday and then she’s done.  She got off easy with the treatment thing.  Both dogs have been pretty good about it all.  I think that seeing each other in the cones may have had something to do with it.  Lisa’s new name for them:  ‘Hoodie Heads’.  

We had the rest of the afternoon mapped out so we could take a nap and still get up in time for the big dinner event.  The only problem was, we weren’t that sleepy.  Any other day I would have been out, but today I dozed between football games.  Which leads me to something I’ve been meaning to tell you.  We dropped the NFL Channel a few months ago, to lower our package price.  They showed more talking than football anyway.  Now, ironically, we see more football than before on other channels.  I don’t understand it, but I watch.  We’ve gotten into NFL football lately, I even have some favorite teams and players.  So what if Sunday Night Football is on Wednesday afternoon (555).

Let me just say that the dinner event we attended this evening would have been outlawed in the States.  The restaurant was full, the service was buffet, and at times the only masks were on the servers.  The difference is in the numbers.  Chiang Rai has been virus free since the beginning.  That being said, it was a gas.  The food was delicious and in abundance.  To say that we pigged out would be an understatement.  We ate with friends, and had a booth next to our friend Caty and her twins.  

Today’s photo of The Moses Family at Thanksgiving Dinner.


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                               Peace,
                                         Danny

“Reacting in anger or annoyance will not
advance one’s ability to persuade.”
~Ruth Bader Ginsburg

No comments: