Monday, November 23, 2020

Knowledge

 Hi,


A review of our weather will probably bore you, so I’ll just say: ‘Same as it ever was’.

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “I’ll Be Home For Christmas”, most notably by Bing Crosby.  On to easier things, with ‘Easy Monday’.  “People say I’m the life of the party ‘cause I tell a joke or two.  Although I may be laughin’ loud and hearty, deep inside I’m blue.  So take a good look at my face, you’ll see my smile looks out of place.  If you look closer, it’s easy to trace the __ __ __ __, I need you…”  Hint:  Walking and crying can get messy.

Saturday morning we did coffee without JaiDee.  Our friend John was disappointed that his friend would not be there.  We still managed to have a good time.  For some unknown reason, we decided to play it loose with our orders.  Lisa had iced coffee and chicken pie and I had hot coffee and caramel almond coffee cake.  I must say, the cake was simply delicious cake.  I don’t know why the ‘coffee’ is in the name.  It was quite decadent.
I don’t usually post a lot of food pics, but this takes the cake.


In the afternoon we took JaiDee back to the vet for a follow-up and a re-wrap of his foot.  He really enjoys riding around town.  Maybe we should do that more while he’s ‘grounded’.  

Sunday was spent at home.  With no one to keep an eye on JaiDee and his foot, we became his watchers.  He managed to get the first bandage off, even while wearing the cone.  As we approached evening, Lisa noticed TongTong’s right front foot looked irritated.  She has the same thing as JaiDee, but not quite as bad.  That meant first-aid and foot wrapping for Tong.  All we had were large size cones so that’s what she had to wear.  She was very cooperative about it, but not happy.  Today we took her to the vet for wound cleaning, etc.  Tomorrow we’ll take them both, since JaiDee is scheduled to return.  Our house is now the ‘House of Cones’.

Here are the ‘Coneheads’.


Someone in our area has decided that March is too soon to wait to start burning things.  Typically, that is when the waste from the rice harvest is burned off.  That has led to the practice of burning anything flammable, which has led to wide-scale air pollution, which has led to my seasonal anger.  Whew.  You get the idea.  This current bit of burning is foul smelling, which leads me to believe it’s not just plant-based.  I’m not the only person who takes great offense at this.  Hopefully, local residents will speak up and demand change.  It will take more than the voice of a foreigner to set this off.

Have a Great Week.

                           Peace,
                                     Danny

"Real knowledge is to know the extent
of one’s ignorance."
~Confucius

No comments: