Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Reveal

 Hi,


The weather in Chiang Rai is staying beautiful, even with the occasional dark clouds.  There were forecasts for rain, but the sight of blue sky let us know to ignore them.  The sky don’t lie.

Many of you responded to the ‘Easy Monday’ song.  If the first verse didn’t get ya, then surely the chorus will:
“You just call out my name, and you know wherever I am, I’ll come running, oh yeah, to see you again.  Winter, spring, summer, or fall, all you got to do is call and I’ll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah __ __ __ __.”  Clue: 1971, so easy.

This was one of those days when we never left the property.  Lisa spent time in her studio on a new painting.  We spent some time with the dogs, and basically just enjoyed being at home.  Tomorrow we’ll get busy again.

There was a photo that I took in Bangkok that I want to share with you.  I have no idea who constructed this piece of art, or it’s significance, but I’m assuming it was approved or it would have been removed.  Next time we’re there I would like to get closer shots of this.


I guess the big news of the day is the election in the U.S.  We’ve already voted through the Consulate.  If you haven’t voted yet, get out there as early as you can and do it.  I must say, we’re not new to this remote voting, but I think I miss walking into the polling place, giving my name, taking the ballot into the booth and doing it on the spot.  Hmm, gone are those days, at least for us.  We’ll be watching how this all plays out.  Tomorrow morning our coffee time will be spent discussing ‘current events’ with our friend John.  

This is the last night of the Loy Krathong party across the river.  Tonight there is a band with a real singer.  The songs are melodic and the mix is such that it’s all in a nice balance.  Cat and her boyfriend Noom posted a photo of them with one of the lanterns I mentioned yesterday.  I didn’t get a chance to ask where they got it.  Oh well.

If you’ve been keeping up with the news of the world, the Covid-19 virus has not gone away, it’s back and spreading. Don’t minimize the safety precautions.  Wear a mask where ever you go, wash your hands and gracefully decline party invitations.  It’s not worth it.

Have a Happy Tuesday.   If things get tense, watch a cartoon or two (555).

                        Peace,
                                  Danny

“The greatest good you can do for another
is not just to share your riches, but to reveal
to him his own.
~Benjamin Disraeli

No comments: