Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Kind

 Hi,

The weather has settled down and is in a groove we can deal with.  The mornings are ‘sweater cool’, the days are hot, and the evenings are cool again.

This week’s ‘Easy Monday’ song appears to be the real deal.  Many of you wrote to tell me a relationship with the tune.  “I love you, I love you, I love you.  That’s all I want to say.  Until I find a way, I will say the only words I know that you’ll understand.  __, ma belle, sont des mots qui vont tres bien ensemble, tres bien ensemble…”  Clue:  The singer has fallen for someone who doesn’t understand him, yet.  My suggestion would be: don’t use Google translate.

Yesterday, in my enthusiasm to tell you about our busy Monday, I forgot to tell you about the big news from Saturday.  I had my second check-up with the cardiologist.  After three tests, we went into his tiny office.  He explained the little wave lines on the Electro Cardiogram print out.  He told me that if he didn’t know better, he could not tell from my tests that I’d had a heart attack.  I was ‘almost normal’.  I haven’t heard that in a long time (555).  He was very pleased with my progress.  The other target is my cholesterol, which was lower than last time.  I think this calls for pie.

Today’s photos were taken a Central Plaza Mall.  Early decorations happen all over the world.  What?  I wonder who will sit in that velvet chair.




Now that my passport is in Bangkok, I really have to behave myself.  Fortunately, staying in Chiang Rai makes that easy.  Most places that want to see an ID will accept my Thai driver license.  If they want to see my passport, the copy is usually accepted.  I wouldn’t risk driving out of town, and I have no intention of flying any time soon, so life goes on.

On the home front, a husband and wife team came and cut down 3 large fan palms that our neighbor said were leaning into her yard.  This is not the first time this has happened, and we just smile and have it dealt with.  When they arrived, JaiDee was first to sound the alarm, but now TongTong has appointed herself as guard number 2 and her bark is very threatening.  

Nitchanan’s school is closed for two weeks, so she has time on her hands part of the day.  Yesterday she came over and she and Lisa read some books together while Natcha cooked dinner.  She is eager to learn and has a great memory.  

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                        Peace,
                                  Danny

“Be kind whenever possible.
It is always possible.”
~Dalai Lama

No comments: