Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Seek

Hi,

It’s warming up, just as we prepare to leave.  What?  The rain was a brief thing and yesterday it was blue skies with streaky clouds (is that a thing?).  I had to take off my big jacket in the afternoon.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “I Wish It Would Rain” by The Temptations.  That means it’s ‘Zany Day’ time.  Here’s one from what is probably the oldest working band in R&R:  “Well, I was happy here at home, I got everything I need.  Happy bein’ on my own, just living the life I lead.  Well, suddenly it dawned on me that this was not my life.  So I just phoned the airline girl and said, ‘Get me on __ __ __, get me on __ __ __.”  Hint: This is ‘Leaving town’ week.  The singer is looking for a change of scenery.  There is a number involved.  Band name comes from a blues song.

Tuesday was a breakfast day.  We met Pam & Steve at Dinah’s and this time our table was in a big room with no other customers.  The quiet of the room made it very easy to have comfortable conversations without battling to be heard.  

I drove up to Hollywood for a meeting and had a chance to see another part of ‘The City’.  From the cool strip on Melrose Ave. to the posh, HiSo of Robertson Bl., it was all ‘Same, Same, but Different’.  I also got to see a lot of old friends that I have missed.  Sometimes I’ll see the same folks each visit, other times it’s a year or more before we see each other.  It was a good day for a reunion.

After picking up Lisa and CBass, we went to Thai Boom Restaurant for a late lunch.  We got a big, warm greeting from Khun Woodie and Khun Soonie.  We hadn’t seen either of them for long time.  Thai was spoken, lunch was good, and we kept being amazed at how big the place looked after being remodeled.  

We’re starting to get messages from friends at home, wondering when we will return.  Kwan, of The Wanderer, even included some bait in her recent message.  She sent photos of chocolate chip cookies, fresh from the oven with a caption describing them as crunchy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside.  Yeah, we’ll be home tomorrow (555).   

In the evening, Lisa and The Boys went to the Japanese Market Food Court for dinner while I stayed home and rested my back.  

I call this one “Sky & Crane”.  This is an example of the contrast between the construction and nature in Culver City. 


The ‘Sleeping’ countdown has begun.  Years ago, August used the term ‘Sleeping’ when counting days to an event.  We still use it just for fun.  We have 2 more Sleepings until we leave for home.  

It Feels Like a Wacky Wednesday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“Your task is not to seek for love,
but merely to seek and find all the
barriers within yourself that you have
built against it.”
~Rumi

No comments: