Monday, January 7, 2019

Art

Hi,

I sometimes forget that it’s winter time in Southern California, and that means it can rain.  Imagine that, water from the sky in L.A.  I seem to recall a song that claimed that it never rained in….

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “There Goes My Baby” by The Drifters.  Here’s what I think is an ‘Easy Monday’ tune:  “Hmmm, sunshine, blue skies, please go away.  My girl has found another, and gone away.  With her went my future, my life is filled with gloom.  So day after day, I stay locked up in my room.  I know to you it might sound strange, but __ __ __ __ __.”  Hint:  There’s a weather thing involved.  I’m ‘Tempted’ to tell you more but it’s easy.

On Friday we started our day with an appointment with Franco for more knowledge on muscles, and a mild adjustment.  In the afternoon we saw our acupuncturist, Amir Zagross.  He offered a deeper perspective on my injury and gave me some new exercises.  We both received what I like to call a complete ‘tune up’, which consist of needles front and back, followed by an invigorating massage.  It struck me, after it was all over, that we are medical tourists.  We all laughed.  We’re going back to Amir again today after our eye exams.  The photo below was taken in Amir’s office.  I like the ‘calm greeting’ from the monk.


We had a really fun dinner with our long-time friends Ray and Eiko, at Lenny’s Deli (formerly Juniors).  It’s like walking back in time, dining in this landmark establishment.  Their son, Jonathan joined us - we hadn’t seen him since he was a boy.  He is a statistician for football and volleyball teams, among other things.  It was an enjoyable learning experience for us.

Everywhere we go, we see change.  Change in the landscape, change in neighborhoods, and changes that are yet to be unveiled.  We have changes in Chiang Rai, for sure, but here it seems like there are simultaneous changes that must boggle the mind.  What’s going to be there?  Why did they dig that deep hole?  You know, those ‘little kid’ questions that don’t have answers yet.

Saturday I celebrated 29 years of Recovery at two meetings.  Sunday, Lisa joined me for our tradition of her giving me a cake.  We had a fun lunch with a bunch of friends, went to another Ross and spent the rest of the day relaxing.  

Today we start the week with lots of busy.  The adventure continues.

Have a Great Week.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“Art is the only way to run
away without leaving home.”
~Twyla Tharp

No comments: