Thursday, January 17, 2019

Missing

Hi,

This morning it looked like it might rain.  Of course, that burned off and we had another beautiful day even though it was a little cooler.  

Day two of a song is usually when the memories give the answer.  Let’s see if this ‘Zany Day’ song works the same.
“I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine.  We talked until two, and then she said, ‘It’s time for bed’.  She told me she worked in the morning and started to laugh.  I told her I didn’t and crawled off to sleep in the bath.  And when I awoke I was alone, this bird had flown.  So I lit a fire, isn’t it good, __ __.”  Clue:  There is furniture involved. 

Even with a good night’s sleep and an afternoon nap, we are still finding it difficult to stay awake at 7:30 in the evening.  Mr. Lag is trying to make a statement and it’s being heard.  “You will obey”.  I suppose the chin dropping to the chest is a sign of submission.  This may be a short message.

We learned more about water pumps today from our friend Edwin.  We got a call from the ‘Water Works’ company and when Lisa asked the young woman if she spoke English, her reply was, “I cannot do that”.  Hmm, we had to laugh.  Once we make contact, we’re going with the Italian model they sell.  

This afternoon, Nitchanan came to visit and brought a new toy.  It was a large model of an A380 jetliner with a friction motor.  You do remember friction motors don’t you?  They were mostly in cars, and made them go faster and farther on the floor.  Anyway, it was one of those moments when there was an attraction to a non-traditional toy and it made me smile.  She handed me the plane and began to play with the little didgeridoo.  Then we’d trade again.  Another game was born, for a minute.

There is a bird that we have come to love, even though we can’t always see them.  They are called the Greater Coucal and they like to hang out in big trees and one bush in our yard.  They sound like apes when they are courting, making a hooting sound that gets louder with each series.  Here’s one in our yard.


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“Love is when he gives you a 
piece of your soul, that you 
never knew was missing.”
~Torquato Tasso

No comments: