Monday, December 4, 2017

Wander

Hi,

Cold nights and hot afternoons are what one can expect when traveling to Chiang Rai.  The hardest part is getting up in the cold mornings.  

The ‘Old School Friday’ song seems to have stumped everyone.  It was The Royalettes singing “It’s Gonna Take A Miracle”.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Mxtdg752Q&index=17&list=RDmqBoNcQXH14   ‘Easy Monday’ should lift your spirits:  “Sugar pie, honey bunch, you know that I love you.  __ __ __ __, I love you and nobody else.  In and out my life, you come and you go, leaving just your picture behind, and I kissed it a thousand times…”  Hint:  This one’s by four lads from Detroit who were at the top of their game for a long time.  They just couldn’t help it.

Saturday morning we set out for Wat Rong Khun.  Our intention was to see the ‘Art Fair’ that some of our friends at ArtBridge told us about.  When we got there the grounds were getting crowded.  We couldn’t find the artists so we strolled around.  It’s the first time the two of us had been there without a guest.  We had coffee, did a little shopping, went through the Masterpiece Gallery and took a few photos.  

Today’s photo was snapped by Lisa at Wat Rong Khun.  


The rest of our Saturday was about studio time, popcorn, and hanging out.  While looking at Facebook, Lisa noticed that someone mentioned going to Chiang Mai to get an iPhone X.  This sparked some curiosity and salivating.  We had discussed getting one in the future, since Thailand is not at the top of the list of countries to receive new Apple products.  We decided to go to the mall on Sunday and see about getting on a list.

After our lunch at The Wanderer we went to the mall.  There is a guy at the Apple store who speaks English and has taken good care of us in the past.  I asked him if they had the new phone and he replied, ‘Have’.  After establishing that they had it in black with the same storage as my 6+ model, we headed for the ATM machine.  The drama was yet to come.  Somehow, what I thought was my password to allow me to do all the things necessary in Appleworld had disappeared.  So there I was, this beautiful phone in my hand, unable to do much except make a phone call and take pictures.  Actually, that’s not bad when I think about it.  Still, the ‘old’ phone is going to Lisa and I can’t give it to her until my ‘stuff’ is cleared off.  Another visit to the store, a long call to tech support in New Zealand and I’m still no closer to the goal.  There is a solution and I’ll get there.  Just another quality problem.

About two and a half weeks until we leave for the Winter Visit.  This is the time when we start watching the weather in the Culver City area, just to see if we have the right clothes and attitude (555).  This time we’re taking a lot less, because it seems that we never wear all the clothes we take.  Personally, I’m hoping for warm sunshine (555).

Have a Great Week.

                  Peace,
                            Danny

“Not all those who wander
are lost.”
~J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments: