Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Service

Hi,

So, after exchanging weather reports with a few friends, I concede that our lows are not nearly as cold as other places, but it’s all relative.  Last night it was 58F and my body told me it was cold.  I’ll go with that.  

The ‘Easy Monday’ tune was “I Can’t Help Myself” by The Four Tops.  Time to get crazy with another ‘Zany Day’ song.  I think you’ll remember this ‘Oldie’:  “__ __ I was takin’ a bath, long about a Saturday night, yeah.  A-rub dub, just relaxing in the tub, thinking everything was alright.  Well, I stepped out the tub, put my feet on the floor, I wrapped a towel around me and I opened the door, and then a __ __, I jumped back in the bath.  Well, how was I to know there was a party going on?”  Hint:  There is the sound of water involved.

Today’s adventures began with a drive up the highway to the main post office for our zip code.  It’s weird that there is a P.O. much closer, but it’s a different code.  Anyway, we were responding to a notice that they had something for us but no one was home.  It didn’t take long to get the mail and we were on our way to the next stop.

Traveling south on the Super Highway to the southern end of the city, we arrived at Big C.  This was one of the few times we’ve gone there for one main thing, and only ended up with a couple of additions.  Our mission was to get a tiny little bicycle for Neechanon.  We saw them the last time we were there and they are so cute, with training wheels and everything.  At first we were going to get a green one, to avoid the ‘pink’ thing, but then I noticed a boy cartoon hero on the side and we ended up with the ‘Princess’ bike.  What can you do?  Right now, it’s hiding under wraps in my studio.

in the ‘Pub’ upstairs at Chivit Tamma Da there are many historical artifacts and antiques.  On one wall, the owner, Joakim who is from Sweden, has hung some photos of some his favorite artists from the past.  It’s a nice touch and gives one a glimpse into his past on many levels.


On the phone front, I’m making slow progress.  I have to wait until December 19 for the next steps in recovering my account.  This has to happen to get a new password so I can do what I need to do.  It’s madness, I tell you.  For the time being, I think I’ll just pop my SIM card into the new phone and pretend that it’s the real deal.  I’ll be able to get and make calls, get text messages and take photos.  The photos are very different with the new camera.  Someday you’ll see (555).

It’s a Wacky Wednesday.

                    Peace,
                              Danny

“Service to others is the rent
you pay for your room here 
on earth.”
~Muhammad Ali

No comments: