Monday, December 25, 2017

Guide

Hi,

It appears that it doesn’t really matter where you are, there’s an 80% chance that it’s cold.  Today warmed up a little bit here in Culver City.  It’s still not what I’d consider warm, but this is winter time after all.  Chiang Rai warmed up, according to Natcha.

Before I go on, here are the numbers while we’re here:  Danny  (310) 691-4293,  Lisa  (310) 691-4388

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “Run, Run Rudolph” by Chuck Berry.  Since it’s Christmas Day for many, our ‘Easy Monday’ song was my mom’s favorite song for the season:  “__ __, __, you sure did treat me nice.  __ __, __, you sure did treat me nice.  Gave me a diamond ring for Christmas, now I’m living in paradise.”  Clue:  This song was originally recorded in 1947.  The artist who sang this song wrote last week’s ‘Easy Monday’ tune.  This recording is considered an R&B classic.

After our long delay in Bangkok and our downgraded seats, it was a relief to have the final segment of the trip be trouble-free.  We had a traveling companion in the form of a paper sculpture collage that had been purchased by a  friend.  On the ‘Big Plane’ we were able to stow it above our seats and it had a gentle ride to America.  

My theories about Jet Lag being lessened by landing in the morning and having a full day on the ground were totally unfounded.  Mr. Lag was on the plane, therefore, his control landed with us and he exercised it on Saturday afternoon.  After we dealt with our car contract and acquired our phone numbers, we did a little necessary shopping.  That’s when our friend announced that it was time to collapse.  The veil of powerlessness was lowered and we hurried home.  

As usual, I had no problem with staying on the correct side of the road, but my right hand couldn’t avoid the reflex of flicking the lever that turned on the windshield wipers.  A few more days and I’ll be driving like a ‘native’ (555).

Today’s photo was taken from the plane as we approached Taipei, 6:30am.



Sunday morning we woke up at 4am, right on schedule.  After staring at the ceiling for awhile, we got up and had a very early breakfast.  Later I went to a meeting, where I met up with my ‘other family’.  We had lunch at Emerald Thai on Venice.  It’s usually one of our first stops on the Thai food circuit.  Nid, the owner, has been a dear friend for over 17 years.  It was a good visit with more to follow, I’m sure.

Have a Great Week.        Happy Merry Everything!

                Peace,
                          Danny

“Whoever travels without a guide needs
two hundred years for a two-day journey.”
~Rumi

No comments: