Friday, December 8, 2017

Friday Funnies

Hi,

We had another warmer day today.  It was cloudy and kept looking like it might shower, but it never happened.  Wishing rain would fall in Southern California and help put out the fires.  Powerless.

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “Splish Splash” by Bobby Darin.  That leaves us with the need for an ‘Old School Friday’ tune.  Here’s one from 1960 that you should know:  “Don’t know much about history, don’t know much biology.  Don’t know much about a science book, don’t know much about the French I took.  But I do know that I love you, and I know that if you love me too, what a __ __ this would be.”  Clue:  If you send me the right answer, that would be wonderful.

The Wanderer was the site of our morning coffee.  It was with great self-control and discipline that we resisted the new batch of dessert items in the front display case.  As we sat, sipping our coffee and munching on roti, it struck me that we were listening to Christmas music in a Thai Muslim restaurant.  And the world goes ‘round and ‘round.

At Healthy Market we got warm greetings from some of our friends we haven’t seen lately.  The bok choy lady and the fruit lady were in happy moods and there was a vibe in the air.  In a relatively small town like Chiang Rai, there are people we usually see at their place of business and no where else.  This week I saw ‘Watch Guy’ at the mall and at first I didn’t recognize him.  He didn’t see me, but I saw him.  I’ve also seen fruit guy and the same thing happened.  There is a moment of ‘who is that?’ and then it comes into focus.  

Two weeks from tonight we go to Chiang Rai International Airport for the first leg of our journey to America.  We actually leave Thailand on Saturday, 23 December in the very early hours of the day.  I think it’s fair to say that my mind is starting to think on two continents.  The lists have started, the plans are coming out of the fog, and the contemplation has begun.  

Today’s photo was taken at Big C.  They have a giant decoration display and I thought you’d like to see what is happening this year.  That middle tree knocks me out.


Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.   It’s time for the ‘Funnies’.  This time it’s an ‘Oldie but Goodie’.

                Peace,
                          Danny


No comments: