Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Simplicity

Hi,

The weather gurus have predicted thunder storms for the rest of the week.  Some focused, some ‘scattered’, but it’s been eerily quiet.  Maybe tomorrow.  As of now, 7pm, there is rain quietly watering the yard. 

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “We Are The Champions” by Queen, of course.  It’s time for that ‘Zany Day’ stuff again.
“And the sign said, ‘Long-haired freaky people need not apply’.  So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why.  He said, ‘You look like a fine upstandin’ young man, I think you’ll do’.  So I took off my hat and said, ‘Imagine that, huh, me workin’ for you.’  __, __ everywhere a __ blockin’ out the scenery, breakin’ my mind.  Do this, don’t do that.  Can’t you read the __?  Hint:  I should think the title would be obvious (smile).  

We had a mellow, Chiang Rai morning.  After the routine at the house, we had coffee at Work@Home.  Today was the day to restock the lightbulb stash so we went to Sahapaiboon on Bus Station St.  One of the coolest things about this store and HomePro is that they test each lightbulb you buy.  We have a lot of light fixtures in our house and it can be frustrating for one to go out without a replacement handy.  Gong is taking over the light changing duties that Nung used to do, which is great.  

At the fruit ‘row’ we stocked up on mangos (which are back) and pineapple.  There is a woman that we always buy our pineapple from, but she’s been away for a few months.  She was very ill, but is back and it was good to see her.  There is something very special about having these little pockets of community that we see almost every day.  I guess that's why we like to rotate our coffee spots.  

This afternoon we thought we had to report to immigration for our 90 day check-in.  It wasn’t until we were sitting there, waiting for our number to be called, that Lisa looked in her passport and saw that they had given us a new date.  We don’t have to report until November 9, which meant that it was time to go home (555).  Sometimes these things happen.  It’s much better than realizing you’re months late.  

I have not had my camera 'at the ready' lately, so here’s a photo I never posted from months ago.  It’s the control panel for the toilet in the EVA lounge in Taiwan.  I have yet to try it, but I’m told it’s quite refreshing.  You get the idea.


It’s 9pm and there’s a storm outside.  The forecast was right on the money.  Thunder, rain, wind, flickering lights, and now, a leak in the roof.  Oh boy!

It’s another Wacky Wednesday.

               Peace,
                         Danny

“Simplicity is the ultimate
sophistication.”
~Leonardo da Vinci

No comments: