Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Attitude

Hi,

Rain was the highlight of the day.  We woke up to wet streets in Chiang Mai, drove through a couple of heavy storms on the way back to Chiang Rai, and saw the results of heavy rain when we got home.

This week’s ‘Easy Monday’ song was recognized by a few readers.  Here’s a little more:  “__ __ __ __ __, I feel hung up but I don’t know why.  I don’t mind, I could wait forever, I’ve got time.  Sometimes I wish I knew you well, then I could speak my mind and tell you.  Maybe you’d understand.”  Clue:  From an album named after something that goes ‘round and ‘round and written by the lead guitarist.  

This morning we had breakfast in our hotel.  They seem to have upgraded some of the choices since we last stayed there.  Maybe because we are about to enter ‘High Season’, or maybe because there is a larger influx of foreign visitors.  Whatever the reason, things were nicer.  After our meal, we checked out and went for a stroll down the Night Bazaar street the way it is during the day.  It was just waking up, a few shops were open, and overall a much calmer scene.  

Our visit to Chiang Mai was primarily to see our chiropractor.  After two appointments I have learned some new things about my body and how to deal with it.  My exercise regimen will have to change.  I’m OK with that.  There are many ways to accomplish the goals.  I just have to remember to be careful and not let enthusiasm overrule   common sense.

We had lunch at Central Festival, the very large mall in a city of malls.  We went to the B2S stationery/art supply store and found the canvases Lisa has been looking for.  While we were having ‘coffee for the road’ I noticed it was raining outside.  We encountered light rain out of town, then nothing, and then a heavy downpour that slowed things down for a few miles.  There was a second storm farther down the road.  As we entered Chiang Rai we saw a rainbow and that was pretty cool.

As Thailand moves closer to the Thursday cremation ceremonies for King Bhumibol Adulyadej, crowds have already begun camping on the streets in Bangkok in anticipation of the procession.  Some claimed their spot on the street as early as Monday.  

Today’s photos were taken on Saturday when we went to Polar Cafe.  The first photo is the cafe and a beautiful tree that is sure to become a landmark.  The second photo is Lisa with our friend John, waiting for a table inside.
On the right is the little climbing wall that leads to the slide.  The kids love it.



Have a Happy Tuesday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“Our attitude towards others
determines their attitude 
towards us.”
~Earl Nightingale

No comments: