Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Main Thing

Hi,

Chiang Rai weather today was cool.  This morning it was actually cold.  I wore my hoodie sweatshirt all morning.  It warmed up a little in the afternoon, but it was not what we were expecting.  The sky was clear as a bell.

You may recall that our ‘Easy Monday’ song was about a breakup.  We join the drama at the end of the third verse going into the chorus:  “…Weren’t you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye?  Did you think I’d crumble?  Did you think I’d lay down and die?  Oh, no, not I!  __ __ __.  Oh, as long as I know how to love I know I’ll stay alive.  I’ve got all my life to live, I’ve got all my love to give and __ __, __ __ __, hey, hey.”  Hint:  I think it’s all there.

We went to The Wanderer this morning for coffee and we were surprised to see our friend Rachel, from The Freedom Story, along with Tawee, the local director.  It was a nice reunion and we’ll see her more next week.  

I have been having a continuing problem with my lower back and left knee for several weeks so we decided to see the orthopedic doctor at Overbrook Hospital Clinic.  Lisa had good results with an orthopedic doctor there, so we spent the rest of the morning mostly waiting.  After a consultation, x-rays, and more consultation it was recommended that I stick to swimming, and not put any undo stress on my body until I strengthen some supporting muscles.  I kinda knew that, but it was good to get an explanation of what’s going on and see it in pictures.  The stairs are not my friends right now.  

This afternoon we had coffee at Work@Home and hung out with Katai.  She and Thovan went to Hokkaido, Japan recently and we heard about their trip.  They watched a car rally and traveled around the countryside.  Sounds like somewhere we’d like to go.  We always have fun talking about dogs, art, and life in Chiang Rai.  We made tentative plans for an evening out with dinner and live music.  

The music across the river began this morning.  It was mostly recorded stuff until late afternoon and then the live portion of the thumping started.  I’m sure there are some talented artists performing on the stage over there, but all that gets to us is ‘the bottom’.  This is the first time in one year since we’ve heard big sound like this.  Now that the mourning period is over, we’ll probably get a lot more.  Oh boy.

Today’s photo was taken as we were leaving The Wanderer.  A man and his oxen walking down to the river.  He had four adults and two teens in tow.


Have a Happy Tuesday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“The main thing is to keep the
main thing the main thing.”
~Stephen Covey

No comments: