Friday, October 27, 2017

Friday Funnies

Hi,

We had a mix of weather today.  Cold and cloudy in the morning, hot by mid-day, and hot and threatening rain by afternoon.  No water from the sky yet.

The ‘Zany Day’ song was none other than Gene Chandler singing “Duke of Earl”.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQnfooEED8Y   Time for another episode of ‘Old School Friday’.  “I found my thrill on __ __.  On __ __, when I found you.  The moon stood still on __ __, and lingered until my dreams came true.  The wind in the willow played love’s sweet melody.  But all of those vows you made, were never to be.  Though we’re apart, you’re part of me still, for you were my thrill on __ __.”  Hint:  This 1956 recording is by a R&R Hall of Fame artist with a long string of hits.  This was his biggest record.  His nickname was The Fat Man.  

Life began to get back to normal around here.  The cremation observance doesn’t end until Sunday, but shops are open and the rhythm of Chiang Rai seems to be quickly getting up to speed.  We did a morning ‘loop’, starting with coffee at Shong Cafe, a stop at the post office and then Macro for supplies.  The place was packed with shoppers, which makes sense considering that the weekend is coming and many small shops probably sold more yesterday than usual.  

ArtBridge was our last stop of the morning.  Lisa needed to get a canvas for the annual Member Exhibit in December.  This event opens the evening of the day we leave for our Winter Trip to the States, but Lisa will still submit artwork.  Our friend Jan was there getting her canvas.  I commented on a unique logo on her black T-shirt, featuring the Thai number 9 and a tiny profile of The King.  Then we all mentioned how it will be nice to wear some colorful clothing again.  

Late last night we watched proceedings from Bangkok.  There were traditional puppet shows, classical dancing and what looked like an ancient opera.  This morning they showed a review of yesterday and it became clear that they didn’t broadcast the actual cremation.  The Bangkok Post did publish a photo.  There was more ritual, chanting and merit making today.  

Today’s photo is a closer look at the base of the crematorium, which I posted yesterday.  The people on the steps are some of the many dignitaries that met with the family receiving line inside.


Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.   Hang on for the ‘Funnies’.   This weekend Formula One is in Mexico.  Zoom.

                Peace,
                          Danny

Here’s a little humor from the mind of Steven Wright

“If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?”

“All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand.”

“I was arrested for lip-syncing karaoke.”

“My doctor told me I shouldn’t work out until I’m in better shape.  I told him, ‘All right; don’t send me a bill until I pay you."

“My friend has a baby.  I’m recording all the noises he makes so later I can ask him what he meant."

No comments: