Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday Funnies

Hi,

We had a repeat performance on the weather side.  Rain at night, bright sunny day.  There is a thunderstorm due tonight, and 60% chance of rain tomorrow.  Oh well, we have no outdoor plans.

This week’s ‘Zany Day’ song was “Car Wash” by Rose Royce.  The movie is just as zany as the song.  We have reached another Friday and that means it’s ‘Old School Friday’ time.  Here is a classic, written at the dawn of the ‘new age’ (555) by one of the early masters:  “Well, I’m-a write a little letter, gonna mail it to my local D.J.  Yeah and it’s a jumpin’ little record I want my jockey to play.  __ __ __, I gotta hear it again today.  You know my temperature’s risin’, the jukebox’s blown a fuse.  My heart’s beatin’ rhythm and my soul keeps-a singin’ the blues.  __ __ __, and tell Tchaikovsky the news.  Hint:  The third word in the title is the name of a classical artist.  The writer is close with Johnny B. Goode and has no particular place to go.  

Today marks one year since the death of The King.  Many major businesses were closed today as Thais went to local temples to make merit.  Making merit can be anything from bringing food and/or supplies to the temple for the monks, to cleaning the temple, to feeding the hungry.  

This morning we went to 'Lisa's gym’ for another workout session.  I can tell when I’ve pushed on the last workout if things are stiff and sore the next time.  Today I was stiff and sore.  A good warm-up and a lighter group of  exercises was just what I needed.  We pulled a little ‘sled’ down a hill and then back up.  My second round called for me to go up backwards to put less stress on my knees.  Hmm, didn’t make much difference.  Maybe by Monday I will have recovered enough to do the full routine.

The detour around the landslide hill is becoming a real thorn in my side.  When leaving our neighborhood, it’s not a problem getting around it and back to the main road.  Coming home is a real pain.  We got lost again today and discovered even more of the dense hillside population.  I had no idea there was so much humanity in that area.  Anyway, I know what to do from now on. (5).

In the afternoons, if the sun is shining, Daku likes to soak up some vitamin D.  He’s very serious about it and once he’s reclining, it’s hard to get him up.  Today’s photo is Mr. D himself, doing this thing.  Notice the smile on his face.


The western press is buzzing with the term ‘Pop-up Shop’ and I wondered what they meant so I looked it up.  It turns out pop-up businesses have been around in other parts of the world for a long time.  Consider the couple that sets up tables and chairs on the road to town every morning and serves breakfast.  Or Gong and Natcha, who unload their pick-up truck every evening and serve chicken dinners and papaya salad.  It’s probably harder than the Google definitions because there is no structure involved, and no place to store your products.  It’s the same with the Night Bazaar.  One whole section is created every night.  By day, it’s a street.  By night it’s a retail adventure.  

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.        Time for the ‘Funnies’.

                   Peace,
                             Danny


No comments: