Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Thinking

Hi,

Chiang Rai got a chance to dry out today.  The morning looked like it might rain, but it faded and by afternoon there was scattered sunshine.  

The ‘Easy Monday’ song has quite a few fans.  Here’s the second verse.  Maybe you do know this amazing song:
“There will be another song for me, for I will sing it.  There will be another dream for me, someone will bring it.  I will drink the wine while it is warm and never let you catch me looking at the sun.  And after all the loves of my life, after all the loves of my life you’ll still be the one…. __ __ is melting in the dark all the sweet green icing flowing down.  Someone left the cake out in the rain, I don’t think that I can take it ‘cause it took so long to bake it……”
Hint:  Wilshire Bl., downtown L.A., CA.  There are trees and a lake.  Lovers stroll there sometime (remember, it’s the late 60s).  What am I?

This morning we went to the home of Sandy and Ady for coffee, fruit and dessert.  We had some catching up to do.  They recently returned from five days on an island in the Andaman Sea.  It sounds like somewhere we’d like to go someday.  Ady told us about a ‘Gibbon Experience’ he’s going to take in Laos, where you spend three days in the trees.  There are zip lines that go through the canopy, and tree-houses for overnight sleeping.  Not sure if I’m up for that much ‘adventure’ (555).  We had good coffee, fresh melon, and a slice of coconut pie from The Wanderer.  Sandy had asked the staff what desserts we liked and that was what they told them.  Yum.

Lisa got a bunch of messages from Tatt today.  We were a little surprised to be hearing from him.  It’s half-way  through his novice monk initiation at the temple.  He got to go home to wash his clothes and robes and he’s allowed a little communication.  Next weekend we’ll probably get more info and some photos.  

I’m still recovering from my ordeal at the dentist last night.  There is occasional soreness from all the shots and pulling, etc.  Mostly, I’m doing fine.  Natcha made soup for lunch and fish for dinner, so my mouth didn’t have to work too hard.  So grateful.

It just starting raining.  We’re glad it waited until after the sun went down.  Gee and Gong were working on the pipes for most of the day.  This downpour would have stopped the progress they’re making.  Oh well, ’tis the season.

Today’s photo was taken on Sunday at The Wanderer.  As we were leaving we started taking shots of ferns, trees and the general greenness of it all.  Then Lisa said, ‘Stand over there and smile’.  


Have a Happy Tuesday.

                    Peace,
                              Danny

“No problem can withstand
the assault of sustained
thinking.”
~Voltaire

No comments: