Monday, February 27, 2017

Strength

Hi,

Note:  If you want to keep receiving this message, please let me know by March 10 and I’ll keep you on the list.

We’re back in Chiang Rai, just in time for another hot, cloudless sky.  It’s going to be like this until at least mid-April.  

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “Donna” by Richie Valens.  Here’s an ‘Easy Monday’ tune from you know who:
“When I wake up early in the morning, lift my head, I’m still yawning.  When I’m in the middle of a dream, stay in bed, float up stream (Float up stream).  Please, don’t wake me, no, don’t shake me, leave me where I am, __ __ __.”
Hint:  I just went 2 days without a nap.  

Our weekend in Chiang Mai was good.  The convention was a big success and I got to see friends from around the world that I hadn’t seen since last year’s event.  There were 38 countries represented and at times, walking around felt like being at the U.N.  

Today’s photo was taken on Saturday night, on our walk back to the hotel.  We’d seen the Hard Rock Cafe from the main road, but never like this.  One of these days I’d like to go inside.  We could hear the band from the street and they were good.


The drive home had a later start than usual, but the traffic wasn’t too crazy.  With no special time to be home, we just went with the flow.  There were fast sections, and then the ones where I’d just say ‘Oh well’.   Over the years we have seen a lot of little villages along the highway mature into small towns.  Most of these areas are agricultural and I guess the big farms have had an influence.

When we got home, Daku reacted as if we’d been away for 2 weeks instead of two nights.  He finally calmed down and went back to being his lovable, sweet self.  He had spent the nights with his buddies Gop and Champoo, in Cat’s room.  I wonder how much sleep all those kids really got (555).

We had a Big C morning and a Thai lesson afternoon.  In between, I got to see the lights that will go in the new pool.  They have little LED bulbs and change colors.  It will be interesting to see four lights changing colors in a very dark blue pool.  We’ll know in 6 weeks.  Work begins Wednesday on this ‘dive’ into unknown territory.  Hmm, a pool within a pool.  

Tomorrow we will be without power from 9am to 5pm.  We have a lunch date with John and Aey at The Wanderer, and then we’ll have to find a cool place to hang out.  I should say, ‘a cool place to take a nap’.  

Have a Great Week.

                    Peace,
                              Danny

“There are two ways of exerting
one’s strength: One is pushing down,
the other is pulling up.”
~Booker T. Washington

No comments: