Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Silence

Hi,

Chiang Rai had another blue sky day, with scattered smoke and mild moderate temperatures.  

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Taxman” by The Beatles.  Time for another episode of ‘Zany Day’.  This week we revisit a tune that has zany written all over it:  “I have a mansion, forget the price.  Ain’t never been there, they tell me it’s nice.  I live in hotels, tear out the walls.  I have accountants pay for it all.  They say I’m crazy but I have a good time.  I’m just looking for clues at the scene of the crime, __ __ __ to me so far.”  Hint: The title is far from zany. The artist traveled in a ‘gang’, soared with eagles, and hurt a lot of hotels in the process.  

This morning we had a power outage.  It was to be the first of two today.  I discovered later that the power boys were playing with the wires on the main road.  Another sign that the city is encroaching on our so-called ‘country’ village.  More people want to plug in more stuff which calls for more wires.  

We went to The Wanderer mid-morning for coffee and a dose of trees (555).  There were cars in the little parking lot, but when we got into the garden it was empty.  That’s the beauty of the place, you don’t always see the other visitors.  So, we had coffee and treats under a tree and enjoyed the morning air.  As we were leaving, Lisa was about to take my picture and a man offered to take a photo of both of us.  His name is Robert and he’s been here a couple of months.  We had a conversation about Chiang Rai and made a new friend.  


Yesterday I ranted and raved about the burning nearby.  The fact that they kept lighting new fires made it even worse than usual.  I present to you the source of my upset.  One reason we love to escape to The Wanderer.


The annual Balloon Festival is coming to Chiang Rai at Singha Park, also known as Boonrawd Farm.  We were there the first year it was held and haven’t been back.  Our friend Sandy told us they have improved the parking and have a shuttle system to get people to and from their cars.  Hmm, not sayin’ we’re going, but the first time it was a gas to see.

It’s a Wacky Wednesday

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“Silence is a true friend
who never betrays.”
~Confucius

No comments: