Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Silent

Note:  If you want to keep receiving this message, please let me know by March 10 and I’ll keep you on the list.  If you already wrote back, just know that you will stay on the list.  

Hi,

Chiang Rai is definitely in that 'hot day cool night' groove.  We managed to survive ‘a day without air’ (power off all day) and we’re happy it’s over.  The power returned at 4:55pm.  

I happen to know that a bunch of you love this ‘Easy Monday’ song.  Maybe you were too stunned by the Oscars (5).
“Everybody seems to think I’m lazy.  I don’t mind, I think they’re crazy.  Running everywhere at such a speed, till they find, there’s no need (There’s no need).  Please, don’t spoil my day, I’m miles away, and after all __ __ __.”  Clue:  When I’m not awake….

We have been avoiding HomePro since our bad experience with no service after our big purchase.  Today we broke down and returned to buy a couple of plastic rakes.  Gong uses them daily and sometimes you just have to go with what works.  We saw some tiles that caught our eye, but couldn’t get any help in English or even a price.  They will stay on the ‘avoid’ list.

The Wanderer was the perfect place for lunch.  We met our friends Aey and John for a fun, interesting visit.  They have a masseuse that comes to their home, and today we got the contact number.  It will be nice to have the benefits of massage again.  

So, the power just went off.  I’m typing in the dark.  It’s 8:30pm and this is not good.  Maybe the juice will come back in 30 minutes or so.  If something that they did today has fallen off a pole, or broken in the night, this will be a night to unremember.  This morning we were prepared for the outage.  There was water in the tub, extra drinking water, and we could see what we were doing.  Time to breathe.  

Isn’t this fun?  It’s the little unexpected things that make life interesting (555).  In the past, when the power went out and it was time to send this message, I would drive into town, go to Doi Chaang Coffee and use their WiFi.  Now, through the wonders of modern technology, I can use my phone as an internet hub and never leave the house.

Wonder of wonders, the power is back in just under 30 minutes.    

Today’s photo was taken at Charoen Gardens on the way to Chiang Mai.  I took this one on the way home on Sunday.  The light in the afternoon is much better for this water feature.  Now, where’s the pie?


Have a Happy Tuesday.

                    Peace,
                              Danny

“Our lives begin to end 
the day we become silent
about things that matter.”
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: