Friday, September 2, 2016

Friday Funnies

Hi,

We had a forecast for a thunder storm at 12:30pm today.  As we sat finishing lunch, we looked out and it was nowhere close to raining.  There was no thunder booming in the distance, and it was 5 minutes to showtime.  It still hasn’t rained.  Why do we bother reading these things?  (555)

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “Alley Oop”, originally recorded by The Hollywood Argyles.  I’ll bet you all remember this next tune.  For the weekend I guess it's time for an easy one.  "What would you do if I sang out of tune, would you stand up and walk out on me?"  Clue: This song had two hit versions.  Of course I'm looking for the original but you can mention the other one.  We've done it before but this week cries for help. 

Gong has expressed an interest in learning more about art from Lisa.  We’ve seen some of his drawings and he definitely has talent.  Today he told Lisa he wanted to make a cast acrylic print and the lessons began.  Gop, Natcha’s nephew, was spending the afternoon with them and he joined Gong in the studio.  It was quite a scene.  Gop on the floor drawing, Gong at the table drawing on a polyethylene plate with a marking pen, and Lisa working on her latest acrylic on canvas piece.  Stay tuned for more on this story.

The big news of the day came late this afternoon.  Our internet went out and none of the usual remedies brought it back.  I called our provider, who told me a technician would be calling.  A guy called but spoke no English.  I ran down stairs, got Gong who came back upstairs and determined that no one could come today.  Something is broken in the line, if I understood correctly.  There was a time when panic would have taken over.  Back in the day, I would write this message and then drive down to Doi Chaang Coffee and send it using their WiFi.  Now we’re in modern times and I can use my phone as a ‘personal hot spot’ and send it from home.  I love this stuff (555).

Saturday we will attend the ‘Going Away’ party for the twins and their friends (they’re 3.5 years old), and go to an exhibit opening at Art Bridge on Sunday.  Sprinkled in between all that will be the catching up on U.S. Open recordings and Formula One from Monza, Italy.  

Today’s photo was taken on the highway to Chiang Mai.  I think the photo speaks for itself.  


Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.    Time for the ‘Funnies’.   
                  Peace,
                            Danny 


No comments: