Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Freedom

Hi,

Chiang Rai had another ‘Fake Out’ day.  Looked like rain this morning, but by afternoon it was sunny and blazing hot. So what’s new?

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was easy for a few of you.  For those who need more help, here’s another verse and bridge:
“How I’ve waited for this moment, to be by your side.  Your best friend wrote and told me you had teardrops in your eyes.  __ __, your __ __ to stay.  It wasn’t on a Sunday (Monday and Tuesday went by).  It wasn’t on a Tuesday afternoon (all I could do was cry).  But I made a promise that you treasured, I made it back home to you…. __ __ to stay.  I’m not a thousand miles away.”  Hint:  It’s what used to be called an ‘Answer song’.  Hmm.

Woke up this morning with no fever, not much coughing during the night, and declared myself healing.  My sneaky fever had a surprise for me.  This afternoon it was back, spiking higher than before.  Going into the ‘shop’ for a checkup tomorrow, regardless of my temp or how I’m feeling.  

We went to The Wanderer for coffee this morning.  That was fun since the place was empty when we arrived.  We talked to Kwan and learned that they had a sick tree that had to come down, but it’s in the middle of the main area. Normally, a truck with a crane would be the thing to use.  Since that’s impossible, scaffolding was erected and one of the staff started taking the tree down, from the top.  We discovered a new treat: Apple cake.  It’s like a cake filled with chunks of apple and raisins and some kind of icing.  Yum.

This afternoon we learned of an interesting way to make money here in Thailand.  A friend is teaching English over the internet, to children in China.  It’s an opportunity to keep her visa intact, by not working, but still make some money.  Work permits are very complicated things here.   

Lisa went to an exhibition opening at Art Bridge this evening.  She was among 100+ artists who had contributed very small paintings in honor of Tawan Duchanee, one of the pioneers of the Chiang Rai art movement.  I stayed at home and respected my limitations (555).

For the next few days I’m going to post some random memories from Singapore.  Things I found to be unique or interesting.  Enjoy these murals.



After dinner, Neetchanon’s aunt held her over Daku as if she were riding him.  It looked cute, he cooperated but she looked puzzled.  She just wanted to grab his fur and bury her face in it.  Kids.

Feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

“The freedom to be human begins with 
the understanding that we need not act
out all the inclinations arising within us.”
~A. Olendski

No comments: