Monday, September 19, 2016

Beauty

Hi,

The last three nights spent in Singapore were filled with windy, thunderous storms.  The days were dry, hot and very humid.  It’s nice to be back in Chiang Rai where it’s just hot and humid.

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “Venus” by Frankie Avalon.  For this week’s ‘Easy Monday’ song see if you remember this:  “Friday night, it was late, I was walking you home, we got down to the gate and I was dreaming of the night.  Would it turn out right?  How to tell tell you, girl.  I wanna build my world around you.  Tell you that it’s true.  I wanna make you understand, I’m talking about a lifetime plan.”  Hint:  This one is from ’78, the title is one word.  Looking back, fondly.

There is so much to tell you about our weekend in Singapore.  Most of it will have to wait until tomorrow.  After a 10 hour travel day, and fighting off a cold, I’m a little wiped out.  I will tell you this:  We went to a bird park, ate local food, rode trains and taxis, and watched some very loud, fast cars up close.  

Today’s photos are from Singapore.  The first is a street in the center of the city that still maintains an earlier form of architecture, including mall shops, shophouses and a mosque in the distance.  The second pic is part of the ‘arrival card’ that must be filled out.  The warning is pretty specific.



Have a Great Week.

            Peace,
                      Danny

“Beauty surrounds us, 
but usually we need to be
walking in a garden to know it.”
~Rumi

No comments: