Monday, September 26, 2016

Control

Hi,

It may have rained near Big C today, but it never reached our area, north/west of town.  Lisa reported big puddles on her shopping trip this morning.  I stayed in for another day.  More on this later.

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “A Thousand Miles Away” by The Heartbeats.  Tell me about this ‘Easy Monday’ song.  Extra ‘Cool Points’ if you know who recorded this and why it’s special.  “You’re my love, you’re my angel.  You’re the girl of my dreams.  I’d like to thank you for waiting patiently.  __ __, your __ __ to stay.”  Hint:  How is Monday related to Friday.  Has someone returned?

During the second half of the Singapore Grand Prix I noticed that my throat was getting sore.  A week and a day later, that’s gone but I have a fever that comes and goes.  It’s like the flu with a nasty, messy cold mixed together. I don’t like it one bit and if nothing has changed dramatically by morning, I’m going to see a doctor.  Wow, how brave was that little speech?  The symptoms are similar to when I had bronchitis.  Maybe I’ll get the same bag of medicine and take only two of them.  There is a tendency here to prescribe more than is necessary.  We’ve been told by doctors that “Thai people like to take pills”.  Non-doctors have told us the same.  We always look everything up on the internet to see what it is before swallowing.  

Yesterday (Sunday) was my first time out of the house in a week.  We went to The Wanderer for lunch.  It’s a short trip and driving wasn’t a problem.  Our friend Rachel, from the US, is in the country with a film crew working on projects for The Sold Project and we ended up eating with her.  We had a nice lunch and mixed conversation.  I say mixed because some of it was academic, some was humorous, and some got emotionally heavy.  Rachel knew Blue from her previous trips and they talked photography, and Thai culture.  She was at the service at the house and we talked about how difficult it is, moving on with two empty rooms down the hall.  More healing.

Today’s photos are from our last morning in Singapore.  The first pic is the pool at Claire and Stephen’s apartment.  We never got in the water since it was a bit chilly, but it provides for extra long laps.


The airport had a TV lounge that was a circular affair with three different screens.  There were News, Sports and Children’s programing.


The Chill area was pretty cool.  There’s place to plug in a device for music, alarms, or charging.  Cool idea.


Time for me to rest my eyes from typing and just relax.  Trying to find the right temperature to be comfortable is not being easy.  I heat up, I cool down, sounds like a song.

Have a Great Week.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

“The goal of meditation isn’t
to control your thoughts,
it’s to stop letting them 
control you.”
~Unknown 

No comments: