Monday, June 13, 2016

Soul

Hi,

Someone tried to tell me that the rain followed us from Thailand.  Ha, that was no rain, it was a heavy mist.  On top of that it was cold outside.  When it rains in Chiang Rai the air is still warm.

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “Johnny B. Goode” by Chuck Berry.  ‘Easy Monday’ should be just that.  
“__, I need somebody.  __, not just anybody.  __, you know I need someone, __.  When I was younger (so much younger than today) I never needed anybody’s help in any way.  But now these days are gone, I’m not so self assured.  Now I find I’ve changed my mind and opened up the doors…”  Hint:  From the movie of the same name.  A little assistance please.

Saturday we made our last visit to my mother’s house.  Our good friend Alan met us there and packed up my CDs and boxes of ‘Gratidude’ T-shirts.  Another friend, Irene, also came to the house to help.  Ironically, both of them stayed at The Big Brown House on separate occasions.  After we locked up the house we went to a restaurant Irene knew and had coffee and hung out.  Lisa and I then turned in all the keys to Jean’s friend Barbara, her landlady.  We had a nice visit with her and then went to see my mom.

When we entered mom’s room at the convalescent home she was lying on her side, awake.  She said “hi" and we talked to her and read a few of the greeting cards that had been left by friends.  Then she was off to sleep again.  It felt good to be there.

Today’s photo is something I usually don’t do.  It’s a photo of a typical breakfast in our little apartment.  Lisa produced this with a hotplate and a toaster.  You will notice the Doi Chaang Coffee cups.  They were a gift from Blue years ago.  A little reminder of home.


For the three weeks we’ve been here we thought we were leaving on Tuesday night.  Saturday evening Lisa looked at our email from the airline and realized our flight leaves at 12:50am on Tuesday, which means we have to be at the airport on Monday night.  Oh my, one less day to do the things on our list.  

In our travels this weekend we went to two stores where we had to exercise lots of self-control.  The first was Rainbow Acres Health Foods on Washington.  So many clever kitchen things and food we can eat.  There are finally lots of products without soy and dairy that we would love to take back to Thailand, but they are a bit pricey.  Oh, and then there’s the weight thing.  The second store was Bed, Bath and Beyond.  We purposely went in, got the sink screens we needed and headed for the checkout.  That place is too much fun.

As usual, you can expect something in your inbox from Taipei.  Then I’ll try to get back on the Thai schedule (555).
It’s going to be 27 hours door-to-door.  

Have a Great Week.

                  Peace,
                            Danny

“I am not this hair,
I am not this skin,
I am the soul that lives within.”
~Rumi

No comments: