Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Kindness

Hi,

We’re finally back home in Chiang Rai.  What a long, strange trip it’s been.  We didn’t experience the outside Thailand weather until we got to Chiang Rai.  It’s hot here.  Oh, and Daku was very happy to see us.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Help” by The Beatles.  The ‘Zany Day’ song should be an easy one if you’ve been following along.  “They call me, Dr. John, I’m known as the night tripper.  Got my sizzling __ __ in my hand.  Day trippin’ up, back down the bayou, I’m the last of the best.  They call me the __ __ man.”  Clue:  The artist has been named and half of the title.  

I would like to thank you all for our tremendous outpouring of love and support.  It is greatly appreciated.  We had several email exchanges with my brother while we were in Taipei.  I must say that it was very surreal trying to be cool while typing and later talking about my mother.  As reality begins to set in, memories come rushing in and then it begins.  Sometimes it’s a feeling of overwhelming sadness, other times it’s a sense of relief that the suffering is over.  

The memorial celebration for my mother will be at 10am on July 14 at All Saints Episcopal Church in Pasadena.

In the category of travel weirdness:  The plane that brought us from Los Angeles to Taipei was the same model as all the rest on the trip, but this one had no foot-rest or any way to elevate the feet.  As a result, puffy ankles appeared.

Today’s photo was taken in L.A. on Venice Bl. in front of a pizza place.  The ‘mural’ is made up of many small shapes and colors.  We all know who this is, right?


Have a Wacky Wednesday.

                Peace,
                          Danny

“One should never remember a kindness done,
and never forget a kindness received.”
~Kentetsu Takamori

No comments: