Thursday, June 9, 2016

Live

Hi,

The weather forecast for Chiang Rai calls for a high of 86F (feels like 89), with rain likely.  Hmm, that’s a new one.  That’s why the night-time temps (62) feel so cold here, at least to me.  Oh well, it won’t be long before we’ll be running the air/con in the rain (555).

‘Zany Day’ is not a bust.  Cousin Trudye remembered.  Here’s more of the first verse, it may help you at least figure it out:  “You just show me where you want it and I’ll put it where I can.  I can put it in the bedroom, I can put it in the hall.  I can put it in the bathroom, I can hang it on the wall.  You can have it with a buzz, you can have it with a ring and if you really want it you can have a ding-a-ling.  Because, hey baby, I’m your __ __.”  Clue:  There is a specific utility involved.  

The Wednesday ‘call’ in Altadena was 8am.  The drive wasn’t as bad as I expected and we got there in good time.  The men we were waiting for didn’t show up, but we still got a lot accomplished.  

The one thing we knew was in the garage that we wanted was some of my CDs, “Gratidude Is Powerless”.  I was a little overwhelmed when I realized how many were still there.  Let’s just say there’s more than we can take back to Thailand.  I have twenty smallish boxes that are in need of a temporary home.  If you have any space please let me know.  The whole experience was like walking into a giant room of mystery.  There were so many different things to see and wonder about.  I am exercising incredible restraint (555).

After we were sure that no one was coming to the house, we visited with our friend Dianne, who lives in Altadena.  We ended up at a family-owned Thai/Korean restaurant near downtown, where we had a wonderful lunch and connected with one of the Thai daughters.  It was our first Thai meal since we’ve been here.

Today’s photo was taken during our stay with the cousins in Studio City.  It’s ‘Tina’, the lovable Chocolate Lab.  


Today’s ‘call’ is another early one so we’ll get to travel the freeway system once again.  

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

“Have patience with everything unresolved 
in your heart and try to love the questions themselves.
It is possible to live and not know.”
~Rainer Maria Rilke

No comments: