Thursday, June 30, 2016

Choices

Hi,

This morning it looked like it would rain all day.  The big nasty clouds went away and Chiang Rai got baked again.  It’s evening and now it’s sprinkling.  We hope for cooler air.

So, we’re gonna give this another try.  A few readers remembered this ‘Zany Day’ song.  How about you?
“__ __ __, you make my heart go giddy-up, you set my world on fire, you are my one desire.  Whoa, __ __ __, __ __ __, __ __ __.”  Clue: Really a kid’s song, nothing deep here.  You’ll feel like a sucker when you learn the title of this one (555).

Last night we went to the dentist and he was very happy with our teeth.  That sounds funny.  Actually, he was pleased that we are taking good care of them.  Me too. I really don’t like dentists climbing into my mouth to repair things (555).  We had a brief conversation, one-sided, about the need for more prevention in Thailand.  He works in a hospital during the day and has his private practice in the evenings.  This is what most doctors and dentists do here.  He went on about how medicine is dispensed, with little attention given on how to keep the problem from happening.  Efforts are being made with regard to certain persistent problems like high blood pressure, diabetes, and obesity.  Time will tell.

Lisa made a solo run to Big C this morning.  I was feeling a little ‘blah’ so I stayed at home.  I think I much prefer having a symptom I can describe than feeling ‘blah’.  It says nothing yet it is the best I can do.  We think it may be that I’m fighting some kind of ‘bug’, not literally.  This is the season for things to happen.  

The Wimbledon tennis tournament is underway and we’re trying to keep up.  So much tennis, so little time.  Do you have a favorite player?  Do you even watch tennis?  This leads me to my last question:  What sports do you like to watch?

Today’s photo was taken this morning in our front yard.  Daku is getting his reward for running across the lawn.  He gets in about 20 times across, and then plays catch with his orange and blue ball.  Sometimes, he will catch the ball once and then just go home.  


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

“May your choices reflect your hopes,
not your fears.”
~Nelson Mandela

No comments: