Thursday, June 2, 2016

Quality

Hi,

Mom Report:  Among the many visitors yesterday was Jean’s sister Sara.  She told me that people at the facility wanted to know why Jean had so many visitors.  If they only knew who she was and, as Sara put it, how she lived.  

The ‘Zany Day’ tune has apparently triggered some memories.  That’s the goal here.  The last verse is next:
“I didn’t know if it was day or night.  I started kissing everything in sight.  But when I kissed the cop down at Thirty-Fourth and Vine, he broke my little bottles of __ __ __ __.”  Hint:  The substance in the bottles would sell big on Valentine’s Day.

It never fails, make plans and watch them change.  Our ‘Day Off’ was cut in half by an appointment at the house.  We still managed to have a fairly lazy morning before jumping back into the work thing.  I think yesterday was the last day of discoveries.  Now it’s a matter of getting things out of the house.  Things like dishes, furniture, and kitchen appliances need a good home.  We’re trying to do it in a way that my mother would want.  

Today’s photo is a piece of furniture in Chiang Rai that has been very hard to get rid of.  The guy who made it has been trying to sell it for at least two years, and he’s still parking it at Big C a few days a week.  It’s still beautiful.


We’ve been in the States for one week and I’m not done taking in all of the wonderful sights on the road.  There is such a much broader collection of cars to experience.  I’ve seen a few I’d love to take home (555).  We’re still enjoying our Ford Fusion, with it’s incredible milage factor.  

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                Peace,
                          Danny

“Associate yourself with people of good quality,
for it is better to be alone than in bad company.”
~Booker T. Washington

No comments: