Monday, December 21, 2015

Love

Hi,

Cold has been the topic all weekend.  Everyone is cold and talking about it.  Actually, today it warmed up a bit, but as the big burning ball was producing an incredible sunset, the temps were slowly dropping.  

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “A Thousand Miles Away” by The Heartbeats. Our  ‘Easy Monday’ song should be easy for some.  It’s what was called an ‘Answer Song’ back in the day.  I think you know.  “You’re my love, you’re my angel, you’re the girl of my dreams.  I’d like to thank you for waiting patiently.  __ __, your __ __ to stay.”  Hint:  Well, it is ‘Easy Monday’ isn’t it.  Think about it.

Before I forget, on behalf of the household of The Big Brown House, we’d like to wish you all:


Today was the day we finished everything on our lists.  It’s now time to pack, or at least decide what we want to take to stay warm.  We go into it this year with smaller suitcases, but with the knowledge that we can always get something warm at Ross (555).  

Daku got a bath today, much to his dismay.  In the past, he has had no love for hair-dryers.  Today Lisa managed to calm/distract him with some kibble and start the drying process with the machine since it was chilly this morning. 

With two nights left before we leave, many things race through our minds.  There are the things we want to have in place on the home front, and things we anticipate on our journey.  It becomes obvious after a bit, that control is an illusion and things will work out with a little guidance.  We still don’t have our main refrigerator back.  It may come sometime next week.  Meanwhile, the house needs food (555).  A new junior size is coming tomorrow and will serve as back-up in the future.  We’re also hoping Natcha’s baby waits for us to get home before making her debut.  These are a few of the thoughts that can surface at any given moment.

Sometimes I wonder if I could possibly travel the way some friends do, with just a backpack.  What?  Maybe when I was a kid, but not today.  It doesn’t really matter how I travel as long as I’m comfortable getting there and being wherever ‘there’ is.

Though we will miss the opening days of the annual flower festival, I asked Cat to post photos so I can pass some along to you.  Hmm, something to look forward to.

Have a Great Week.

                Peace,
                          Danny

“Love is the light that dissolves
all walls between souls, families, 
and nations.”
~Paramahansa Yogananda

No comments: