Friday, December 4, 2015

Friday Funnies

Hi,

The rain has come.  It’s just a trickle, but it’s water from the sky.  We had a little last night and again tonight.  

So, the ‘Zany Day’ tune was “Charlie Brown” by The Coasters.  Oh, you shoulda known.  It’s time for another chapter of ‘Old School Friday’.  In keeping with this week’s pattern, this song title is also a name.  “I had a girl, __ was her name.  Since she left me I’ve never been the same.  ‘Cause I love my girl, __ where can you be?  Where can you be?  Hint:  Art Laboe is probably still playing this one.  This goes way, way back.  I think it was one of the first R&B Hits by a Latino singer.  

This morning we went to get our eyes checked.  My eyes are the same as last time they were examined.  That’s pretty strange but cool.  The only parking was a block from the eye shop so we got to experience part of the business district on a Friday morning.  It’s so different to actually walk along and peak in on the various shops, watch the routines and hear the chatter.  I especially got a kick out of the magazine store that is also the distributor for local newspapers.  Bulk packages are dropped off, then broken down into smaller bundles and they are labeled and taken to news stands around town.  It reminded me of my childhood days of the paper route.

We learned more about Cat’s trip to Chiang Mai.  The students are spending 5 days studying the subjects that will be on the entrance exam, and learning how to pass the test.  Hmm, sounds familiar.  This seems to be the direction of education in many parts of the world.  Hopefully, something will be learned in the process.  

This evening we broke ‘training’ and went to the Night Bazaar for dinner.  It’s been almost a year since we’ve had a meal at our favorite spot, Sawadee Restaurant.  They were very happy to see us and it was mutual.  I had my old favorite, Sweet and Sour shrimp.  It was also my first taste of rice in a year.  Blue mentioned how nice it was to smell the various aromas as they rose from the plate.  It was a bit of a celebration.  It looks like I can eat with the ‘Big Kids’ again.  

After we ate, we strolled a bit and that’s when I took this photo of a Hill Tribe woman weaving a scarf.


Tomorrow is the King’s birthday and the field where they’re having speeches and presentations is getting rained on, and it’s all dirt.  That’s going to be one messy field by morning.  Monday will be the official holiday, when things are closed.  Later in the month there will be Constitution Day, another holiday.  Time to order more fireworks.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.       On with the ‘Funnies’.

                 Peace,
                           Danny




No comments: