Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday Funnies

Hi,

It was another day of drizzle in Chiang Rai.  During our morning excursion it stayed dry.  How nice.  

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “Poison Ivy” by The Coasters, and a ton of other people.  And now, it’s time to go back in time with ‘Old School Friday’.  Who remembers this one:  “__ __, I hate __ __.  Got to work like a slave all day.  Here come Tuesdays, oh hard Tuesdays.  I’m so tired, got no time to play… Sunday mornin’ my head is bad, though it’s worth it for the time that I’ve had.  But I’ve got to get my rest ‘cause __ a mess.”  Hint:  A day of the week figures prominently in the title, along with a color.  This has got to be one of the easiest Fridays yet.

This morning we went to our favorite furniture store looking for a small drawer set.  We found the perfect item and continued on to Healthy Market.  Lisa has become a pro at stuffing a bag with bok choy and getting the weight perfect.  Today she put exactly 2 kilos in the bag and the bok choy lady gave her a big smile.  At the fruit stand Blue and I were looking at something I’d never seen before.  What caught my attention were the little spines all over the outside.  Fruit guy came over and proceeded to unpeel one.  It looked a little like a date inside.  He gave Lisa and Blue a piece to sample.  Lisa said it tasted sweet with a little dirt flavor.  You notice I was not part of the tasting test.  I smiled politely and told him I didn’t want any as I moved away (555).  


This afternoon we had the door on our new dryer reversed.  It opened in the wrong direction in relationship to the washing machine.  You know how a door can disrupt the rhythm of transferring clothes.  Three guys came and took the thing apart, then put it back together and it only took them 15 minutes.  At first, the way they were standing around, I thought they didn’t know what to do, but they had it.  

We put our cute little electric lawnmower up for sale on a site called ‘Chiang Rai Baht and Sold’.  Pretty clever I’d say.  Anyway, the first response we got was from our friend Tawee, director at The Sold Project.  We couldn’t help but give them a special discount and he’s coming to take it tomorrow.  

On Sunday, Cat and the dance crew will perform at Central Plaza Mall.  She’s getting excited about it, even though most of her friends won’t be able come.  We’ll be there for sure.  It will be her last performance with ‘The Kid’, and then it’s back to serious senior year study.  

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.  Don’t forget the ‘Funnies’.   Oh, this really is the weekend for the Belgium Formula One Grand Prix.  

                Peace,
                          Danny


No comments: