Thursday, July 2, 2015

Age

Hi,

I’m sitting in the room of the Stanford Motor Inn.  A quaint, adequate motel whose owner has some interesting ideas about decorating.  The trip is going well.  Mr. Lag decided to stay late and is becoming tiresome.

So, a bunch of you knew the ‘Zany Day’ song.  That’s so cool.  Verse two should seal the deal if you’re wondering. 
“Commercial came on, so I got up to get myself a snack.  You should’ve seen what was going on by the time that I got back.  Down in the old abandoned mine, Sweet Sue was havin’ fits, that villain said ‘Give me the deed to your ranch or I’ll blow you all to bits!’  And then he grabbed her (and then) he tied up, (and then), he lit the fuse to the dynamite (and then and then).  And the __ __ __, tall thin __, slow-walkin’ __…”  Hint:  

Our morning went smoothly as far as getting out of town went.  For the first time, we decided to just take what we could carry on the plane.  This meant no checked baggage, which meant no long wait to check-in, and no wait after the flight.  For this stint, we got a new Toyota Carolla.  It was a fun car to drive up the highway to meet the Cousins.  We had a great time with Eunice, Trudye and Skip.  More Italian food, but I’ve been pain free for weeks so I’m not complaining.  After lunch we drove down to Palo Alto.  I must mention that we haven’t been lost yet.  

We’ve stayed at the Stanford Motor Inn before, but I forgot about the decor.  There are flowers painted on the walls in the rooms.  Some of the paintings are actual relief sculptures.  There are fake flowers everywhere and it feels like you’re in another land.  Here are a couple of samples.


Dinner with Joe and Karen Jo, Lisa’s step-sister was going quite well until my friend decided to join us.  Mr. Lag started by tugging on my eyelids.  Not cool when you’re trying to say you’re still awake.  After we got back to the hotel, he really went to work.  I have been trying to write this message but my head keeps dropping.  

I will close by telling you that Northern California is really having a heat wave, just in case you haven’t heard.  Many communities are in triple digits.  

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                  Peace,
                            Danny

“In youth we learn,
in age we understand.”
~Marie von Ebner Eschenbach

No comments: