Thursday, June 18, 2015

Wound

Hi,

It might have been a little cooler today, but it was hard to tell.  The humidity is so high that the ‘feels like’ temps were still about 100F.  The sky didn’t present any real rain clouds, but big, puffy white castles.  

Well, looks like we have another stumper, unless today’s verse rings a bell.  This was a very popular song in it’s day.  See if you remember.
“You know I love that organic cooking, I always ask for more.  And they call me Mr. Natural, on down to the health food store, white sugar don’t touch my lips.  And my friends is always begging me to take them on macrobiotic trips, yes they are.  But at night I stake out my strong box that I keep under lock and key, and I take it off to my closet where nobody else can see.  I open that door so slowly, take a peek up north and south, then I pull out a Hostess Twinkie and I pop it in my mouth.  Yeah, in the daytime I’m Mr. Natural, just as healthy as I can be.  But at night I’m a __ __ __, good lord have pity on me.”  Hint:  The first and third words are from the same root.  This guy’s got a real habit.

The powers that be must have realized that the bridge was overdue for completion.  Today, without ceremony or fanfare, they opened both sides even though the work is not finished.  It was a wonderful feeling to drive over the bridge without worrying about the oncoming traffic, or getting stuck behind the slower motorbikes and their trailers.  When it’s finally done, it will really help the flow of traffic in and out of our village.

It’s very nice having lots of trees in our yard.  The only thing is, trees have leaves and they don’t stay on the branches forever.  When Boot was with us, she spent a lot of time sweeping up leaves.  I think it was like a meditation for her.  Natcha spends more time in the kitchen and cleaning inside the house, for which we are very grateful.  Today, at HomePro, we bought two ‘western style’ rakes.  The Thai rake is really a stiff broom with bristles that break as you rake.  Our new rakes have plastic tines and should make the task a lot easier.  

While we were cruising through the Healthy Market, Blue recognized something we had never seen before.  Today’s photo shows what bamboo shoots look like in their ’straight from the earth’ form.  If left in the ground, they could grow to be giant stalks of bamboo.


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                Peace,
                           Danny

“A wound from the tongue is worse 
than a wound from the sword; the latter
affects only the body, the former, 
the spirit, and the soul.”
~Pythagoras

No comments: