Monday, June 22, 2015

Harmony


Hi,

I’m back from what turned out to be a rainless weekend.  The recent forecast calls for rain after we leave for the States.  As long as the North gets some rain we’ll be happy.  Right now it’s still hot and humid all the time.

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “Shop Around” by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles.  This week’s ‘Easy Monday’ should be just that.  You know this.
“I’ll buy you a diamond ring my friend, if it makes you feel alright.  I’ll get you anything my friend, if it makes you feel alright.  ‘Cause I don’t care too much for money, and money __ __ __ __.”  Hint:  It’s those lads from across the pond telling us that cash isn’t everything.  Hmm.

We are now in travel-focus mode.  That means that most of what we do beyond the routine is all about the trip.  Other things creep into conversation, but it seems to get back to what to take,  when do we, and how long is…  Then thinking about what to wear on the plane, I start picturing myself at hour #8, and will I be comfortable in ‘that’.  Once we get on the first flight, a big sigh will be released.  We will be committed.

Sunday we went to the mall to pick up a few essentials.  After Cat checked on tickets for the movie she wanted to see, she joined us and the four of us had a lot of fun shopping (looking), and joking around.  While we tried to enjoy tea and coffee at a little open stand, we were right in front of one of the many ‘clinics’ on the second level.  Apparently you can get any part of you ‘re-shaped’, ‘sculpted’ or ‘re-hydrated’.  Of course that led to lots of laughter and speculation.  Then while we were shopping at the market, I came to the conclusion that when one is food shopping with a local, and they don’t know what something is, it’s best to just put it out of your mind.  I am not from here, and that’s OK.

This morning Blue and I went to the Healthy Market.  While the fruit lady was bagging our order, a man came down the street selling aprons and cooking hats.  Quite a character.


After dinner, I went to pick up Cat from her English class.  On the way, I encountered a Police ‘stop’.  Usually, these are for checking registration, fining motorbike riders for not wearing helmets, etc.  Today the main officer had me roll down my window so he could see me.  Once he saw my face, he waved me on.  I guess they were looking for a specific person.  They made quite a haul on motorbike offenses though.  When a bike gets stopped, they have to pay on the spot.  If they can’t pay, they have to call someone to bring money, or walk to the nearest ATM.  Everyone knows the consequences and takes their chances.  I saw many bikes turning around to avoid the stop.  Hmm.

Have a Great Week.

                Peace,
                          Danny 

“Happiness is when what you think,
what you say, and what you do
are in harmony.”
~Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: