Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Awareness

Hi,

Well, day five was another busy one.  It was ‘Marina Day’ and Lisa and I saw friends from the institute where she worked.  There was a coffee, a lunch, and a coffee.  That was just the first half of the day.  

Our ‘Easy Monday’ song hasn’t had many responses.  I suspect this last verse may help you remember:
“Last time I saw Marie she’s waving me good-bye, with hurry home drops on her cheeks that trickled from her eye.  Marie is only six years old, information please.  Try to put me through to her in __ __.”  Clue:  Song title is a city and a state.

Our morning was filled with visits.  When you work at the same place for 30 years, there are people who go way back, and have left imprints in your life.  I dropped Lisa off in the Marina for her coffee date and returned to Culver City.  We had a package that was going to Texas and the first time we tried to mail it, no one came to the window at the P.O.  It was the oddest thing.  There were about 6 of us standing in the lobby, calling, tapping on the windows, but no response from the workers.  We left, and today I tried a different location.  This time I had success.  I returned to the Marina in time to hang out with Lisa and her lunch date Melissa.  They worked together for 15 years.  From there we went to coffee with a couple we have met with since we began making return visits.  We made it home just before Mr. Lag.

Some of you have been reading this daily message for a long time.  You were around to hear the tales told of our two Godsons, Sebastian and August, who we’ve known since birth.  Sebastian, aka ‘C-Bass’ and now Ian is a 20 year old college Junior studying at the Loyola film school.  August is 15 and going into the 10th grade.  Oh, how the time flies.  It was a odd jolt to realize that Ian would not be around today because he had to go to work.  What?  He has a summer intern job on a TV show.  From the 'August Chronicles' I must report that last semester he made an electric guitar in a class project.  Now he knows a lot more than I do about these things.  He’s been helping Lisa work out some ‘issues’ with her computer and continues to amaze us with his understanding of how things work.  He’s also become quite a chef, creating dishes from recipes and coming up with his own inventions in the kitchen.  

The evening found us having dinner with my dear friend Mark and his girlfriend Erica, at a little Italian place called EnjoEat.  It’s tucked away behind the ArcLight Theater in Culver City and the food is quite good.  Today’s photo was taken on the street next to the elementary school.  So many signs, so many rules.  Scroll down slowing to capture the whole experience.


Today I learned that a lot of the Condo construction near the Marina is due to the migration of the ‘Tech’ industry to this area.  In fact, they're calling it Silicon Beach.  Hmm, there goes the neighborhood (555).

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                  Peace,
                            Danny

“Your perception of me 
is a reflection of you;
my reaction to you is 
an awareness of me.”
~Unknown

No comments: