Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Danger


Hi,

Today we had another cool morning, probably because of the light rain last night.  This afternoon the predicted rain came early, at around 3:30pm and produced a steady medium downpour.  No swim today.

It looks like the ‘Easy Monday’ tune is a hit.  Just in case you’re still unsure, here’s the second verse:
“You know I work all day to get you money to buy you things.  And it’s worth it just to hear you say, you’re going to give me everything.  So why on earth should I moan, ‘cause when I get you alone, you know I feel OK.  When I’m home, everything seems to be right.  When I’m home, feeling you holding me tight, tight, yeah…”  Hint:  Something about the time of day, or night? 

This morning I took the van to Suzuki for a check-up.  These visits have become routine, even though I don’t understand most of what is said to me.  I know, from the diagrams, what was done to the vehicle, but that’s it.  There is also the drama of the bill.  First I am presented with two papers.  They are both invoices.  One required two signatures, the other only one.  Then the various copies and carbons are taken apart and it’s all taken to the cashier.  This visit, the cashier came to me with a need for two more signatures.  Eventually, I left with one piece of paper, and Suzuki has about 15.  Hmm.

The last time we were at the Healthy Market, the first thing I spotted when we arrived was the subject of today’s photo.  Either this vendor worked very hard that morning, or had a long ‘night before’.  


Word-of-mouth is a very important tool for us here in Chiang Rai.  Considering that there are no ‘yellow pages’ and we don’t read Thai, if we want to find something or someone, we have to ask somebody.  Recently, Lisa asked Noot and Kwan if they knew a good masseuse in the area.  They told us about a woman they’ve known for years named Nok.  Today Lisa had an appointment with Khun Nok, who has a little place in the big nursery on the highway.  When I dropped her off, it was almost like a fairy tale.  There, set back among a group of trees, was the small structure that was her massage studio.  I didn’t see the interior, but it was described as ‘funky and kinda cool’.  There was the sound of a small waterfall in the background.  Lisa said she experienced one of the best, mellow massages yet.  I guess I’ll have to try it next.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

            Peace,
                      Danny

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance
and conscientious stupidity."
~Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments: