Monday, June 29, 2015

Problem

Hi,

To say we had a busy weekend would be an understatement.  Lunches and dinners, visits and naps.  It’s nice being based in Culver City because we get the cooler air from the coast.  Inland, as some of you know, is very hot.  Meanwhile, it’s doing the rain thing back in Chiang Rai.

The ‘Old School Friday’ tune was “Sea Cruise” by Frankie Ford.  Time for another episode of ‘Easy Monday’.  See if this rings a bell:  “Long distance information, give me __ __.  Help me find the party trying to get in touch with me. She could not leave her number, but I know who placed the call, ‘cause my uncle took the message and he wrote it on the wall.”  Hint:  Another from the Father of R&R, has a bit of a trick ending.  

Friday I went to Hollywood twice.  I saw lots of old friends and the many changes in the city along the way.  Riding through Beverly Hills there were lots of new cars to check out.  You know I do this every time we return to the states.  A mental ‘car fantasy’ list is being compiled as we speak.  There are clearly a lot of people here with a lot of money to spend on their autos (555).  I’ve been seeing quite a few Tesla sedans and I know they go for 100K.  There also seems to be a lot more motorbike/scooters on the road than before.  Judging by the price of gas, it should come as no surprise.  

Today’s photo is an older car that still looks good.  This Jaguar Sedan was spotted in traffic on Venice Bl. and the owner was blasting The Kinks as we sat at the red light.  I love L.A.


Saturday evening we had dinner with The Valley Cousins at a restaurant in Culver City.  Lots of catching up on news and life in general.  We had a Sunday lunch with my mother in Pasadena.  We went to the Hastings Ranch district and sampled another Italian spot.  Sunday evening we had dinner with more Valley Cousins along with Anna, C-Bass (aka Ian) and August.  That was big fun.  This trip we have discovered more places that I can have a nice meal without breaking my diet.  

While I’m writing, Lisa is texting with Natcha in Thailand, using a program called Viber.  It’s 1:10pm tomorrow over there.  We have been here 4 days and Mr. Lag is being rather persistent.  He just won’t go away.  Oh well, at some point he’ll have to take a nap.  Then he can bug us when we return to Thailand (555).

Have a Great Week.

                Peace,
                          Danny

“If the problem can be solved, why worry.
If the problem cannot be solved, worrying
will do you no good.”
~Santideva



No comments: